Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 11.5" Barrel Optimum Gas Port Size

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes, just about any 7.62 suppressor with a 5/8-24 mount will work.

There are a lot of good 30 cal suppressors available these days.

Q
    Sig
    SilencerCo
    Rugged
    Dead Air
    AAC
    Griffin

These are all suitable, especially in the shorter lighter versions geared towards 300 BLK applications.

A large portion of the innovation in the suppressor industry is currently centered around 30 cal applications.
    Last edited by Clint; 07-30-18 at 12:35.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    There are several 5.56 suppressors that have 5/8-24 QD mounts available for them.

The 5/8-24 AAC 51T mount works with the M4-2000, 556-SD and Mini-4.

The 5/8-24 SilencerCo ASR Mount works with the Specwar 556, Specwar 556K, Saker 556, Saker 556K.

The 5/8-24 Griffin Taper mount works with the Reece 5 and Optimus Micro w/ optional taper mount interface.

There may be others.

In addition, several of the modular 7.62 suppressors have dedicated 5.56 End Caps available.

-Rugged Surge, Razor, Micro30 End Cap

-SiCo Saker, Omega, Hybrid End Cap

-DeadAir Sandman End Cap

-Griffin Optimus End Cap
    Last edited by Clint; 07-29-18 at 11:08.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I just dont understand eliminating a ton of suppressors for the sake of something that's never been shown to be an issue except in theory or extremis (torquing muzzle devices to 100#, etc)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I just dont understand eliminating a ton of suppressors for the sake of something that's never been shown to be an issue except in theory or extremis (torquing muzzle devices to 100#, etc)
    There's a lot more to it than just that. 1/2"x28 just isn't best baseline, hindsight is always 20/20.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I can’t think of many suppressors I would want today that wouldn’t work with these barrels. Maybe some older ones, so I can certainly see your point if you already own a non-compatible can. However, Sionics RGP is still an option for those.

Btw, @Clint, I decided to hold off on this barrel because I saw that y’all have gas tubes now, and I’m considering using one on a 10.3 instead of the 11.5 plus insert we discussed. More to follow when I make up my mind.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-28-18 at 20:23. Reason: Something

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    There's a lot more to it than just that. 1/2"x28 just isn't best baseline, hindsight is always 20/20.
    What problems have actually been encountered? Not just in theory or in the drawing room, but actual observable issues in absence of material and manufacturing error?

Feedback Score
    Openly known are the harmonic radius issues that can come up, among others. We would probably rethink some things now, like 5/8" diameter gas blocks with less mass and different retention for the lighter barrel profiles.
    Think of what type of defection curve you would get from a whip if you reduced the diameter at the end and added more mass on top of that.
    1/2-28 isn't really that bad on its own with an A1/A2 flash hider, its what we can add to that for the above example. We can balance out extension and compression better with the larger diameter thread and look into another way to get a better end goal for possible options.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    How are the 11.5” KAC mod 2 barrels? I’ve read mixed claims that their gas ports are smaller, or that they’re standard spec. I’d assume with their newer gas system that they could get away with a smaller port.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    How are the 11.5” KAC mod 2 barrels? I’ve read mixed claims that their gas ports are smaller, or that they’re standard spec. I’d assume with their newer gas system that they could get away with a smaller port.
    Mine runs like a champ, but is very gassy when suppressed with a KAC QDC can. I can't imagine that it has a smaller gas port.

Feedback Score
    Unless KAC is doing something differently now, all of my KAC 11.5" barrels from earlier on through MOD 2's have been ported on the leaner side than other offerings. I prefer their porting over most others, they have been my go to recommendations for a lot.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast