G&R Tactical
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Some hard truths about pistols (add yours)

Feedback Score
    I think the old SEAL Team 6 idea of using an index card has a lot going for it.

No matter the distance you need to shoot as fast as you can, while keeping all the shots on the card.

Gun fighting has a space, time factor. More space equals more time for getting a more accurate shot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I think the old SEAL Team 6 idea of using an index card has a lot going for it.

No matter the distance you need to shoot as fast as you can, while keeping all the shots on the card.

Gun fighting has a space, time factor. More space equals more time for getting a more accurate shot.
    This is good info.

I may start a flame war here, but to me putting rounds into a bullseye with slow, deliberately aimed shots has application only for putting rounds into a bullseye with slow, deliberately aimed shots.

I am constantly looking for ways to simulate movement of a target while you fire at it. I've tried balloons bobbing in the wind, the theory being that it is supposed to simulate a human head moving in and out of cover.

I've tried shooting at soda cans as they roll down a berm, the theory being that the soda can is roughly the size of a vital area on a torso, and if you can hit it while it's moving, so much the better.

I'll have to try the index card idea. I may try to rig up something like an index card holder on a radio controlled toy car or something.

The mantra oft chanted at my IDPA matches was, "You can't miss fast enough to win." So accuracy is important, but learning speed is equally important.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 08-10-18 at 15:18.

W.I. Thomas: "If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is a hard truth about pistols, sometimes they have to be zeroed like any other gun.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819