G&R Tactical
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 191 to 195 of 195

Thread: Some hard truths about pistols (add yours)

  1. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    843
    Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Wait...."aim small, miss small" is from a movie? Or did it just get said in a movie?

    I think its from the Patriot with Mel Gibson. He said it to his sons before they ambushed the British patrol ! I like the ideal of the index cards but have not bought any yet, but I use this target a lot and if I'm making my normal range trips I do pretty good with my P-07. I have introduced this to some of my other shooting buddies and its a good target !
    https://baersolutionsllc.com/freetargets Go to the Training Aids and its the 1st/Top target you can download and print. There are other good ones also.

  2. #192
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,148
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I think its from the Patriot with Mel Gibson. He said it to his sons before they ambushed the British patrol ! .
    I guess I haven't watched that movie in a long time.

  3. #193
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    843
    Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I guess I haven't watched that movie in a long time.
    LOL,yea I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday but I can remember that from a movie from 2000 !

  4. #194
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,774
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I think the old SEAL Team 6 idea of using an index card has a lot going for it.

    No matter the distance you need to shoot as fast as you can, while keeping all the shots on the card.

    Gun fighting has a space, time factor. More space equals more time for getting a more accurate shot.

    I agree with placing a 3 x 5 card high center mass on a realistic target is a decent standard to set for defensive accuracy. A 3 x 5 card folded in half, centered on the bridge of the nose, is a decent standard for brain housing group shot placement.

    1) If you are not pushing your speed to the point you are hitting the edge of the card during training, in my opinion you need to pick up the pace to learn the limits of your ability to make a well placed shot with a pistol. 2) If you are not incorporating stress management into your firearms training, you are wasting your time.
    Last edited by T2C; 08-20-18 at 00:48.
    Train 2 Win

  5. #195
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    5,413
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I agree with placing a 3 x 5 card high center mass on a realistic target is a decent standard to set for defensive accuracy. A 3 x 5 card folded in half, centered on the bridge of the nose, is a decent standard for brain housing group shot placement.

    1) If you are not pushing your speed to the point you are hitting the edge of the card during training, in my opinion you need to pick up the pace to learn the limits of your ability to make a well placed shot with a pistol. 2) If you are not incorporating stress management into your firearms training, you are wasting your time.
    Agree with all this. I always get a kick out of people claiming sub 1sec draws... then you see its on a steel full size ipsc target.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •