Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Some hard truths about pistols (add yours)

Feedback Score
    8. I remember taking out a newish shooter. He shot well enough, but wanted to move around after watching me.

So I simply had him engage one large target about 15 yds away walking slowly towards his 2 o clock. Poor fella forgot how to shoot AND walk!

I fixed it. Comical now, though.

Feedback Score
    You should always choose the pistol you shoot well over the pistol you think you want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    11. The single most important factor in the real usefulness of any pistol is the availability of a quality kydex holster in the exact configuration you need for your purposes.
    Took me a few guns to learn this!

And I still need one for a vz61! (More of a fun-gun but I'd still like a good holster for it)
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-25-18 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    There are three things necessary for a pistol to be a viable combat weapon: reliability, reliability, and reliability.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    You should always choose the pistol you shoot well over the pistol you think you want.
    This is number 15.

Feedback Score
    Please delete.
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-25-18 at 10:53.

Feedback Score
    There are three things necessary for a pistol to be a viable combat weapon: reliability, reliability, and reliability.
    There are more than that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    There are more than that.
    I was being tongue-in-cheek to emphasize the point. Of course there are many criteria for a pistol to be a viable combat weapon.

Feedback Score
    I was being tongue-in-cheek to emphasize the point. Of course there are many criteria for a pistol to be a viable combat weapon.
    Oh, I know that you know!

Feedback Score
    16. Shooting on the move is skills are not a luxury, they are damn near a requirement.

17. Physical fitness has more affect on ones shooting ability than is given credit.

18. Never heard anyone debate caliber when they were on the receiving end of a bad day.

19. Age gets a hold on all of us, performance will not be the same in your 40's-50's as compared to 20's-30's. prepare/compensate accordingly.

20. Old guns in capable hands are far more decisive than new guns in lesser capable hands. Training AND experience have a lot to do with this.

21. We all go home eventually, meaning most will come to a point of lusting over something from the past, either from personal exposure or in general. Nothing wrong with this. Many folks laugh at this now, but one day others will laugh at them. Natural order I guess.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast