Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Some hard truths about pistols (add yours)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    Gotta ask a question here. I'm not familiar with that terminology. I know I sucked at shooting a Glock until I learned to pull through the take-up (fake first stage) while aligning the sights one last time), then letting the trigger break.

Not sure what "staging and pinning" the trigger means.
    Staging, pulling to second stage, stopping, getting sight pic and pulling final break. Ive done a lot of side by side and pulling through is much more consistent.

Prepping is pulling through, but starting before sights are perfect. If you need to stop, IME its best to fully release trigger and pull through.

Pinning is: pull trigger, fire, get sights on target, reset.
    Not pinning is resetting during recoil (practically).
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-25-18 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    A pistol that is only a pistol so that it's not an SBR is not a proper pistol. Get a real handgun that you can actually hit something with.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    >It’s a lot easier to make a double-stack 9mm 1911 reliable than it is to get a 1911 trigger in a Glock.

>A pocket 380 (or other mouse gun) will probably serve you just fine - because you will probably never need it, and your inability to shoot it well will never be exposed.

>You can probably comfortably conceal a larger handgun than you think you can.

>Shooting a comped pistol from retention won’t kill you. It won’t blind you. It won’t light you on fire. It may suck, but it will suck a good deal less than the alternative.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Not sure what number we’re up to but...

Competition will not get you killed in the streets. Put aside your ego and test your skills on the clock at a local match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Glocks are ugly.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You don’t always need a gun, but when you do... You need one bad!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "Two is one, one is none". Instructors have drilled this into me for the past 18 years...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    "Two is one, one is none". Instructors have drilled this into me for the past 18 years...
    Also true of girlfriends.

Edited to add:

At pistol velocities, those expensive premium hollow points don't do any better than FMJ. (This will really get me hammered; but ask any ME or big-city ER doctor).
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 07-26-18 at 00:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post

Pinning the trigger is when one pins the trigger to the rear after the shot and doesn’t allow the trigger to reset during recoil. Hop on YouTube and watch some people shoot. You’ll hear “Bang...click” as they reset the trigger after the shot. This is a bad habit...
    This annoys the heck out me. This "trend" popped up a few years back and when I see it think, "who the hell is teaching people to do this?! Keep trigger depressed long after the shot, very slowly release, then yank the trigger?! WTF?!"

I'm all for anyone shooting at me to dedicate themselves to this "technique". But I digress, just wanted to vent.
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-26-18 at 06:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Also true of girlfriends.

Edited to add:

At pistol velocities, those expensive premium hollow points don't do any better than FMJ. (This will really get me hammered; but ask any ME or big-city ER doctor).
    I think a flat-nosed/unexpanded jhp bullet cuts tissue better than a rounded bullet, is less likely to deflect, and if it expands and slows down has less ability to harm others if it perforates the intended target.

I think they are worthwhile in the service calibers.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast