Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What color loctite for Glock front sight

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use Red, never an issue with the front sight coming loose or taking off a sight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    242 (blue) here.

Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    I must be the only one who didn’t use thread locker on several of my front night sights.
    All have remained fastened but this thread has me leaning toward reinstalling them with locker.
    I've reinstalled one or more front sights at nearly every class I've been to for many years.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Usually more important that the type or color of loctite is prep. I come from an Aerospace background so I solvent clean and apply adhesives they way we did at Boeing. It may be overkill by I've never had one come loose, nor have I had a difficult getting one off (unless someone had it cross threaded). Plus as stated I glue the blade to the slide in addition to the threads and screw, basically trying to make the sight become a part of the slide and transfer the load.

I've had a lot of people bring me Glocks at work where the front is loose, it's clear there was no cleaning and just a dot on the screw, if that.

My cleaning process is to used a alcohol soaked q-tip followed by a dry one on each of the surfaces of the slide, the screw and even inside the front sight threads. It's important to follow up with the dry one immediately to pick up and debris that's "floating" in the solvent before it dries. This keeps it from just settling back on the surface you are trying to clean.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you properly clean and apply the product as per instructions, Blue 242 works great. I've been using it for years and never had a sight come loose.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Red Loctite has worked well for me. No problems after a couple years and many rounds.

Edit: Make sure your degrease the area with alcohol first.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I like to use the low strength pink. I make sure the threads are clean. I have yet to have on come loose.

I have used blue in a pinch also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    Usually more important that the type or color of loctite is prep. I come from an Aerospace background so I solvent clean and apply adhesives they way we did at Boeing. It may be overkill by I've never had one come loose, nor have I had a difficult getting one off (unless someone had it cross threaded). Plus as stated I glue the blade to the slide in addition to the threads and screw, basically trying to make the sight become a part of the slide and transfer the load.

I've had a lot of people bring me Glocks at work where the front is loose, it's clear there was no cleaning and just a dot on the screw, if that.

My cleaning process is to used a alcohol soaked q-tip followed by a dry one on each of the surfaces of the slide, the screw and even inside the front sight threads. It's important to follow up with the dry one immediately to pick up and debris that's "floating" in the solvent before it dries. This keeps it from just settling back on the surface you are trying to clean.
    Exactly what I did this time around

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234