Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My lever action defensive rife or "Cowboy assault rifle" if you will...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    This has also been an interesting topic to me for a while now. My idea is to have a 16” 30-30 platform that I can thread a suppressor on instead of messing with 300BLK. Guessing it would be quieter to boot with no action noise. I have a 40+ year old Marlin 30-30 but the barrel is too thin to do this with so I assume I’ll either need to rebarrel it (not sure how possible that is) + do all the necessary work on the action and add a rail for an optic or just get a new host...which is my question...is that Marlin Dark series posted earlier the only game in town for a project like this?
    I believe henry has a tactical model, as does mossberg.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalAF View Post
    I believe henry has a tactical model, as does mossberg.
    Looking over the options from the other companies, looks like the Marlin Dark is the only game for 30-30.

Feedback Score
    Looking over the options from the other companies, looks like the Marlin Dark is the only game for 30-30.
    Not even the mossberg 464?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by norcalAF View Post
    Not even the mossberg 464?
    The SPX? Doesn’t seem very ergonomic at all honestly. Looks like hell too lol. I’d actually prefer a more traditional wood stock but just with a rail and threaded barrel. Thank you for pointing me to some options though bud.

Feedback Score
    The SPX? Doesn’t seem very ergonomic at all honestly. Looks like hell too lol. I’d actually prefer a more traditional wood stock but just with a rail and threaded barrel. Thank you for pointing me to some options though bud.
    No worries, I don't have one myself, but for $500 it would be a fun truck gun. The marlin's are miles ahead in style though for sure.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Oh man, I like that Marlin Dark. I have been on the fence about getting a Henry Big Boy X in 357/38. After seeing this Marlin now I want one of each!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Oh man, I like that Marlin Dark. I have been on the fence about getting a Henry Big Boy X in 357/38. After seeing this Marlin now I want one of each!
    For lots of smiles and easy on the wallet, the Rossi R92 is solid. I have a new iteration (taurus owned now) with a 20 inch blued barrel in .44 mag and it is slick.

The next lever gun I get is gonna be the henry .410, that looks like a hoot, and not bad at all for defense with some slugs.

Feedback Score
    Well when Remington went bankrupt Ruger bought out the Marlin name and assets. Should be interesting to see what they come out with. If you see a Marlin Dark you like buy it. I suspect it will be awhile before Ruger is pumping out some new lever actions.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567