Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MAC meters the new OSS can

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Sorry to OP for hijacking the thread - I forget its not a text chain/email with another person and I realize I went off the rails making a simple point that probably most already agree with:
    DBs aren't the only factor in evaluating a suppressor, and apparently a lot of very smart people agree that its hard to even accurately measure the DBs on any given brand.
    No need to apologise. The discussion has been very interesting. Please carry on.

Feedback Score
    As mentioned here also, sound suppression is only one aspect of choosing a suppressor for professional use.

But, anyone ( manufacturer, distributor, journalist, blogger, government ) using incorrect equipment and posting quite possibly wrong readings, is not doing a favour to anyone.

There is even also the very widely held mistake about "MIL-STD" measurement location being 1 m next to the muzzle, which is actually the shooters ear, dating back at least to 1991 ( U.S. MIL-STD 1474C )

You should either do it right or do not test for sound at all.

Many other things can be tested and reviewed by anyone; size/weight, accuracy & POI shift, attachment mechanism ease of use after extended firing etc.

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Ase Utra sound suppressors

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    NFA Review Channel just posted a review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOisNmQUYuo

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123