Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 (or 3) suppressors to rule them all??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

2 (or 3) suppressors to rule them all??

I’m done putting this off. In your opinion, what would be the best choice of suppressors to run on the following?
    I’d like to get 2 suppressors, but if a 3rd would be far more ideal, I’m
    Definitely open to 3.

Currently looking at the chimera and the Optimus, but it’s been so long since I’ve looked at what’s available/on the near horizon, I could be way off base.

Glock 19’s and M9’s
    10.5” 5.56 SBR’s
    16” 5.56
    24” 6.5 creedmoor
    .257 weatherby mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Don't forget a dedicated .22LR can. As much as I love my full size rifle/pistol cans, it's the .22 cans that see the most practical use - pest control and training new shooters without having to worry about them developing a flinch from the blast noise.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Dead air odessa 9, the new skinny modular can. Surefure 556 rc2 mini, and dead air sandman s for 30 cal use.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Optimus Micro could be used for your 16" 5.56 as well as any .22lr.

Not good for your 10.5 though. So you could get a Griffin Recce-7 to cover your 10.5 and any .30 caliber needs. Plus you can share taper mounts with the Optimus.

Then pick the pistol can of your choice. Eccentric instead of concentric cans allow you to skip the need for suppressor height sights.

There you go, three cans including rimfire plus you could have two suppressed 5.56 guns at the same time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    22 Can of Choice, Q Element maybe
    Sig SRD45 up to .45 Pistol
    Sig SR762TI or QD version for .223 up to 300 Win Mag

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Many options.

If you can do 4 cans, it should be 1 rimfire, 2 centerfire rifle (1 full size 762, 1 for an SBR 556), and 1 45ACP Suppressor.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Many options.

If you can do 4 cans, it should be 1 rimfire, 2 centerfire rifle (1 full size 762, 1 for an SBR 556), and 1 45ACP Suppressor.
    He's right, even if you have to add a little debt. You'll wait just about a year for the stamps, so see if you can find a local shop/range that will let you shoot them while you wait. Won't get to take them home, but it make the wait pretty easy.

Feedback Score
    I really like the griffin rev9. Best balance of size and sound ive seen posted, great on 22, comes apart for deep cleaning, etc. 45 cans on 9 are loud IME although limited (not sure what cans they were.)

Id get a 9 silencer (since you only have 9mm), a 556 mini, and a 308.

Edit- itbdepends on what you want. A mini wont be quiet in the 10.5 but will knock the concussion down. Dont know how 308 silencers work on short 556, but the mini on a 16” makes a lot of sense... again depending in your use. If your 16” is a bench/range gun, maybe skip the mini.

Omega9k and some newer 9 designs look good too. The gen3 rev9 can handle 556 for a few shots at a time, though I doubt its “quiet”.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-27-18 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

2 (or 3) suppressors to rule them all??

Great info here! Thank you all!

Thoughts on this?

DeadAir Odessa 9.
    -for use on my Glock 19’s without a need to get suppressor sights, it’s modularity would allow me to us it on .22 (not all that interested in .22 though).

Griffin Optimus (full size).
    -for my full length and SBR AR’s. Could use this to run a 2nd 9mm canned or a 2nd 7.62 Canned. Mostly just 5.56 SBR’s though.

Griffin Reece 7.
    -for 7.62, 6.5cr, and .257wby (doubtful/rarely)

Thoughts? Advice from here?
    Haven’t finalized the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I agree with many comments on here. I would look at a dedicated .22 rimfire can, a pistol can, and 1-2 rifle cans. I personally like the idea of the rifle cans using the same QD system (if you choose to go that way). I have a sandman-s and a sandman-k. Honestly the K gets more use as I am using hearing protection when I shoot anyway, and the K is much handier, and does a good job taking the edge off of a 5.56 gun. If you can swing two rifle cans (and who says you have to get them all right now, you can get one now and save up again), I would do something like a Sandman-K and Sandman-L, the 300SPS and Socom 556 mini, or something along those lines. Honestly suppressors for me have ended up like rifles; you end up slowly purchasing more for more niche uses. I got the Omega 9k, and it lives on my 7.5" blackout rifle. Not really a suppressor I would recommend to someone as a general purpose can, but it is short and light and does the job I wanted for that rifle perfectly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast