Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 (or 3) suppressors to rule them all??

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

2 (or 3) suppressors to rule them all??

Great info here! Thank you all!

Thoughts on this?

DeadAir Odessa 9.
    -for use on my Glock 19’s without a need to get suppressor sights, it’s modularity would allow me to us it on .22 (not all that interested in .22 though).

Griffin Optimus (full size).
    -for my full length and SBR AR’s. Could use this to run a 2nd 9mm canned or a 2nd 7.62 Canned. Mostly just 5.56 SBR’s though.

Griffin Reece 7.
    -for 7.62, 6.5cr, and .257wby (doubtful/rarely)

Thoughts? Advice from here?
    Haven’t finalized the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I agree with many comments on here. I would look at a dedicated .22 rimfire can, a pistol can, and 1-2 rifle cans. I personally like the idea of the rifle cans using the same QD system (if you choose to go that way). I have a sandman-s and a sandman-k. Honestly the K gets more use as I am using hearing protection when I shoot anyway, and the K is much handier, and does a good job taking the edge off of a 5.56 gun. If you can swing two rifle cans (and who says you have to get them all right now, you can get one now and save up again), I would do something like a Sandman-K and Sandman-L, the 300SPS and Socom 556 mini, or something along those lines. Honestly suppressors for me have ended up like rifles; you end up slowly purchasing more for more niche uses. I got the Omega 9k, and it lives on my 7.5" blackout rifle. Not really a suppressor I would recommend to someone as a general purpose can, but it is short and light and does the job I wanted for that rifle perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Why the push for .22 cans. Are they that much quieter than a 9mm can with 22 endcap? Is it the size weight?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Why the push for .22 cans. Are they that much quieter than a 9mm can with 22 endcap? Is it the size weight?
    The lead buildup from shooting rimfire requires additional maintenance, so it's a good idea to keep .22's in .22 cans. Some cans cannot be taken apart and cleaned.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A dedicated .22 can is also going to be much lighter and smaller than a 9mm can.

Feedback Score
    Delta P and Crux are hard to beat in the weight and size category. Delta P uses a special process to 3d print theirs, and they plate the blast baffle with an Inconel alloy. Lightest I've seen on the market, but pricy. Crux' prices are a little more reasonably prices. All welded titanium, taper direct thread mount. Just make sure whatever you get is direct thread, QD mounts aren't for precision rifles.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I run 10 + QD RIFLE cans and one direct thread. And have shot more .25 inch groups than I can remember. Two yesterday. In my experience the QD have NOT adversely effected accuracy. YMMV

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What are everyone’s thoughts on this..

After looking into a ton of cans and brands, I really like what Dead Air is doing. Their QD mount gets nothing but rave reviews, which I like since I’ll have a lot more rifles than cans (I can hope the cans aren’t as addictive as rifles have been!!).

I’m now a bit less interested in a can for my Glock’s. While they certainly seem fun because the db’s are soooo low, I just don’t see myself shooting suppressed handguns much. When I shoot my Glock’s, I’m trying to get better/training for worst case home/personal defense scenario’s, which realistically isn’t going to include having a can on.

That said, my SBR’s absolutely would have a can on them for HD, and, well, I just love shooting them.

I also love shooting the 6.5cr. 1,000 yd shots are so fun, suppressed, and reloading for suppressed is going to be even more fun.

So. 5.56 SBR’s, 5.56 16”, and the 6.5cr are really what I’m after now.

Thoughts on buying (2) Sandman S cans?
    Multiple mounts, would allow super quick ability to go from 2 suppressed SBR’s to 1 SBR, 1 16”, or SBR and 6.5cr, or if I get that elusive Scar 17, I could go 6.5cr and Scar 17.
    Lol. Sorry so much.

My thought is I’m super confident that the Sandman S will be fantastic for the AR’s, and that I wouldn’t be upset using them only on AR’s if I ever decided I needed a purely dedicated can for only the 6.5cr.

Thoughts?

(Thanks for working through this with me!!)

Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Like I mentioned before, I have a sandman s and k. I would personally not buy 2 of the S model. They are seriously tanks and will take many, many rounds with no degredation of performance. I would suggest getting the K instead of the second S. With the price they are at you can't beat them, and the weight and length added has a minimal impact on handiness. No matter what, I am confident you will be happy with an S.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    Like I mentioned before, I have a sandman s and k. I would personally not buy 2 of the S model. They are seriously tanks and will take many, many rounds with no degredation of performance. I would suggest getting the K instead of the second S. With the price they are at you can't beat them, and the weight and length added has a minimal impact on handiness. No matter what, I am confident you will be happy with an S.
    Good point Nate. I was just looking at the L as well. Thoughts on the L ?

How does the K compare to the S in regards to sound suppression. The S seems plenty small to me, is there that much benefit to the shorter K, without significant degradation of sound suppression?

Support the NRA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast