Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 226 red dot advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

226 red dot advice

Hi all, looking for some feedback. I'm wanting to add a red dot to my 226 EE and have two options I'm deciding between:

A. Buy a Rx slide for $470
    B. Mill current slide for a Delta point pro I already have for $220

The Rx seems like a solid deal considering Romeo's are $300 by themselves. I'd also be able to switch between my current stainless slide and the black Rx slide. Is the Rx worth the extra $250 in everyone's opinion?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Are you wanting this as a serious use gun with the MRDS or do you just want to play with an MRDS?

If you aren't sure you want an MRDS and just want to play with one, get the Rx slide.

If this is a serious use gun, get the slide milled for the DPP.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I'm very much a fan of the DPP. I have one on my G34 MOS, and I love it. Large field of view, and the price is probably half what a RMR costs, even if it's slightly less rugged, I can buy two for what I'd have in one RMR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Are you wanting this as a serious use gun with the MRDS or do you just want to play with an MRDS?

If you aren't sure you want an MRDS and just want to play with one, get the Rx slide.

If this is a serious use gun, get the slide milled for the DPP.
    Might be serious use, currently using a 320 x-carry with DPP for duty. The DPP has around 2k through it and I like it a lot. More so than my type 2 RMR.

I just wasn't sure if the Rx slide made more sense since you get a whole extra slide and a red dot.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I just got my third sig p series sig slide milled for a red dot. I have a 229 that was done by ATEi, and a 226 and 229 done by L&M precision. All of them have an RMR, and all of them are working very well. If this is a carry or duty gun, I would recommend getting a slide milled for a DPP or an RMR. The DPP has a very nice window like the Sig dot, but based on the carry optics shooters in this area it seems like the Leupold is holding up much better to higher round counts. My RMR on the 229 is the new 2.0, and I have never had it die or flicker like I have had happen with the gen 1 models. Feel free to PM me if you want any more details about the sig guns getting milled and I can send you pictures or whatever you need.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    God, I can't wait until this fad is over.
    Last edited by CPM; 07-26-18 at 15:55.
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    What if it's never over? Still have irons on your rifle?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Somewhere, there's a guy with a gen 2 Glock 17 who can't wait for this weapon-mounted light fad to end.

Somewhere, there's a guy with a Glock 22 who can't wait for this 9mm fad to end.

Somewhere, there's a guy with a 4006 who can't wait for this polymer frame fad to end.

Somewhere, there's a guy with a 1911 who can't wait for this high-capacity auto fad to end.

Somewhere, there's a guy with a S&W model 27 who can't wait for this semi-automatic fad to end.

Somewhere, there's a guy with a Colt Model P who can't wait for this sights-you-can-see fad to end.

Somewhere, there's a guy with a Hawken pistol who can't wait for this metallic self-contained cartridge fad to end.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU74 View Post
    Might be serious use, currently using a 320 x-carry with DPP for duty. The DPP has around 2k through it and I like it a lot. More so than my type 2 RMR.

I just wasn't sure if the Rx slide made more sense since you get a whole extra slide and a red dot.
    I wouldn't trust the SiG Romeo as a slide-mounted RDS for serious use. I have an uncle who has a P226 SAO RX and he really likes it, but I doubt it does anything but go from the safe to the range and back again (and while he and my father usually do a lot of shooting together, my uncle has had some health issues related to his eyes and shoulders that have kept him from being able to shoot too often since he got the RX).

If you're concerned about going back to irons if you decide you don't like the dot, you can always buy a new top end from SiG - and either have that milled for your DPP or just have your current slide milled for the DPP and buy the new slide from SiG if you change your mind.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 07-26-18 at 16:29.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I can't wait to go back to a pistol that is more difficult to shoot at distance and on the timer is less efficient too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I just got my third sig p series sig slide milled for a red dot. I have a 229 that was done by ATEi, and a 226 and 229 done by L&M precision. All of them have an RMR, and all of them are working very well. If this is a carry or duty gun, I would recommend getting a slide milled for a DPP or an RMR. The DPP has a very nice window like the Sig dot, but based on the carry optics shooters in this area it seems like the Leupold is holding up much better to higher round counts. My RMR on the 229 is the new 2.0, and I have never had it die or flicker like I have had happen with the gen 1 models. Feel free to PM me if you want any more details about the sig guns getting milled and I can send you pictures or whatever you need.
    Appreciate the reply. Mark is a solid guy, he's done several for me. Actually modified my X 320's to accept DP's. I have an RMR on one of my guns, but really don't like how it forces you into using auto after 16 hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast