Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 226 red dot advice

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    Long story short, I would toss a coin and be happy with either one. Mark and L&M has been doing milling on Sigs for quite some time, and you are going to get a great product. ATEi is also known for milling very tight pockets that can help extend the life of your red dot. L&M offers a 20 dollar cerecoat on just the milled area which is really nice. Sorry I'm not interested in paying just as much as the milling to recoat a pistol that only needs a small surface covered. I sent mine both in within a couple of days and they both came back around the same time, so wait times are comparable. Another advantage of L&M was the option to get new suppressor height sights installed there. ATEi said they would install sights I sent, but didn't have any sig sights on hand.

For the easier "all-in-one" stop with the recoating and new sights, I would hit up L&M personally.
    Awesome, thanks for the feedback. When I talked with ATEi they seemed a little miffed when I asked to leave the milled area "in the raw". It's stainless after all, put a little grease under the retaining plate and you're good to go.

What BUIS did you get fit with the ATEi job? I was looking at Galloway Precision.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    You dig your grave with your fork.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I went with the Ameriglo set for both of them. They are the ones L&M used, so I just bought a second set right from Ameriglo and put them on myself. ATEi told me they would install sights if I sent them, but did not have any for sale. Since my slide was already there, I just put them on when I got the slide back.

Sadly I'm hitting about 6" high at 25 with the irons on the 229. They are already pretty tall, and I don't want an even taller front sight so I did the math and on the 229 a change in 8 thousandths (the 226 is about 9 thoudanths) will adjust impact 1" at 20 yards, so I'm going to mill off some of the rear sight instead.

I didn't even know about that Galloway Precision company. Their sights look nice, albeit about double what I paid for the Ameriglos ($40/set).

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    I've found so much POA/POI variation, load to load, with my RMR equipped Glocks, that I've been debating if I even want to install a rear when I do my Sigs.

Hell my vision is poor enough that I can't hardly focus on the front sight anyways.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    About 99% of the ammo I shoot are reloads. Carrying 124 HSTs and loading a 124 to a similar POI has made that less of an issue, but it's still a frustrating problem. I have an adjustable rear on my iron sighted 226 and that is one of the best upgrades I have done.

Dawson does a variety of front sight heights, so you can play with it that way too. If they don't have the right size, you can also use the XD front sights, they have the same dovetail (in fact I have an XD front sight on my 226 right now).

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    Thanks for the info on all this. I came into this forum to start, basically, this same exact thread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234