Thread: SIG's M17 Commemorative edition

Feedback Score

SIG's M17 Commemorative edition

Wonder if all 5,000 will sell quickly?

NEWINGTON, N.H., (July 19, 2018) – SIG SAUER, Inc. is pleased to announce the limited release of the M17-Commemorative Edition of the U.S. Army’s M17 official service pistol, a variant of the SIG SAUER P320. The M17-Commemorative pistol shares the same components, coatings, and markings as the firearm that was awarded the U.S. Army contract for the modular handgun system (MHS).

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...-for-purchase/

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It would be nice to have one to go with my 19X but for $1100 I’ll pass on that. David

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wouldn't mind a TxDPS edition, but not sure what I would be willing to pay.

Feedback Score
    This is apparently their "non-commemorative" edition. It looks like you don't get the coated internals, UID label, milspec box, etc. Or the coin.

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...ercial-market/

Feedback Score
    I like the manual safety and am curious about the coated internals, but the price is too steep.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    This is apparently their "non-commemorative" edition. It looks like you don't get the coated internals, UID label, milspec box, etc. Or the coin.

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...ercial-market/
    I don’t own a 320 but I’ll be picking up one or two of these “standard” M17s

Feedback Score
    The original production runs of the M17 had tan controls, but according to SIG's advertisement, current ones are shipping to the Army with black controls.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    SIG has a history of "commemorative" models that aren't 100% accurate, despite claims to the contrary.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Store Formerly Known as Quantico Tactical is advertising the commercial version for $565 for Military / LE. I’d consider it for that price to use for training, although I think I’d prefer a commercial version of the more compact M18.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I love the commemorative edition before they even deploy / see action with more than just a handful of units.

SIG wants those collector dolla$dolla$billz.