Thread: Adding a new one, CZ75 SP01

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Adding a new one, CZ75 SP01

I've always wanted one and I found a pretty decent deal on one so I, yes, pulled the trigger.
    Anyone else out there like/have/use one?
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Outstanding pistol ! I have the SP-01 Tactical and its a beast,just super accurate and great pistol ! I admit I am a bit of a CZ guy now. I still like Striker guns but just don't have any at the moment !! Post some pics up and give us a range report. I'm sure she will be a shooter for ya ! Congrats !

Feedback Score
    Yes. I have it and the P01.

They are a great quality at the price, hundreds less than equivalent builds from other companies.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had the Tactical with the threaded barrel and the suppressor-height night sights. I bought it back in December of 2016 thinking that it would make a cool suppressor host when, of course, the Hearing Protection Act deregulated suppressors.....I think part of it may have been that I was still coming down off the high of Hillary getting stomped and I wanted to celebrate with a new gun.
    When I actually shot it i had a lot of stovepipes that may have been due to weak ammo, I don't know. Then it became increasingly apparent that the HPA wasn't going anywhere, with the Scalise shooting being the final nail in that coffin.
    With the prospect of deregulated suppressors being dashed, and the gun not having particularly impressed me with it's reliability, I didn't really feel compelled to learn the finer points of getting good with a traditional DA/SA pistol and sold the gun and all the mags I had accumulated for it last month for $800.

It was an impressive looking and feeling gun for sure but it just ended up becoming superfluous for me.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yeah, mine (Well, not yet) is the SP01 tactical model. I plan to send it off to Cajun Gunworks as soon as possible. I shot one at our ONLY public range owned by a fellow shooter and fellas let me tell you, that was an awesome gun to just hold and cycle the damn thing, let alone shoot. What a sweet pistol. It's steel too with a heft I miss more and more these days. Sure, light weight has it's place but a full size, full weight, beautifully made steel handgun makes me all giddy inside. I'm not trying to bash any of the modern lightweight striker fired marvels but I just think they don't have the same artistic value as our 1911's and Hi-powers etc and yes, I include the CZ-75 in there with those. I had a 75 years ago and still regret selling it.
    Anyway, I'll definitely post up some pics and a list of the mods I have done. I think I'll do this one like I did my last Glick17, mod the crap out of it before ever firing the first shot. Of course, doing that to a block was easy, I've had so many so I knew basically what my "improvements" would net me. I've never fired the stock 01 so I'll have no idea but I fell slap in love with the one at the range.
    I do know I want to make the grips for it though so I'll have at least one personal touch on it.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a SP01 Tactical I bought used..Excellant handgun. I've had a few CZ's in the past, and this is probably one of the best I've owned..WhenI got it home, I did the usual, go to the Cajun Gun Works page,and order a few things..I ordered one of their removable trigger pins, a reduced power trigger return spring, extended firing pin and springs, and a lighter hammer spring.That made a huge difference!!! Of the three CZ pistols I have ( a rare 99021 "SP01 Compact", and a recently purchased P07 with a OD green frame) this has the best DA trigger.. I suspect the previous owner may have done some polishing to it, I'm not sure.I 'd love to do to it what I did to my 99021, get the frame, barrel, slide, slide stop, black nitrided..But that'll have to wait.. I'd really like to take a look a CZ 550fs bolt action rifle in 6.5x55. But, it looks like I may have missed the boat, as CZ has discontinued the 550 in 2018, in favor of their push feed rifles. (The 550 action was like a Mauser, and had a controlled feed)If I can't find a 550fs, I want to take a look at a CZ97 in .45acp too...
    Last edited by ralph; 07-28-18 at 12:59.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..