Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Rifleman P320 X-Series

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

American Rifleman P320 X-Series

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...eries-pistols/

Where are we with these guns now that the drop fire issue seems to have been resolved? Are they becoming a popular handgun or do the safety concerns linger? And are the Glock fanboys still upset over the .mil contracts?

I like the P320 and wouldn't mind picking up an X-Carry if I can find one for a decent price. There's also some talk of a Pro series that will be a standard compact slide with the X frame. This is what ICE has recently adopted if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    SIG fixed the drop safety issue after finding it in the MHS trials, although they took their time getting that word to the public. Or maybe it was all the Glock fanbois fault...

New guns should be fixed and with the adoption by the Army and USAF (I think), plus LE I think we’ll see them get wrung out pretty well.

Very easy to shoot, but it’s pretty much a non-safety SAO pistol. BTDT, got the t-shirt and now I’m P320-less.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    SIG fixed the drop safety issue after finding it in the MHS trials, although they took their time getting that word to the public. Or maybe it was all the Glock fanbois fault...

New guns should be fixed and with the adoption by the Army and USAF (I think), plus LE I think we’ll see them get wrung out pretty well.

Very easy to shoot, but it’s pretty much a non-safety SAO pistol. BTDT, got the t-shirt and now I’m P320-less.
    The USMC appears to want the 320 as well.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...newest-pistol/

I haven't seen one of the pistols yet with the manual safety like on the military model but I'd like to try one. Will the safety allow for a high thumb grip? I hope so as I believe having the shooting thumb on top of the safety gives leverage and helps with muzzle flip.

Last edited by Tokarev; 08-11-18 at 08:52.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Good for the Marines - It’s a suitable duty sized weapon IMO, even with the Compact Frame.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    The USMC appears to want the 320 as well.

https://www.marinecorpstimes.com/new...newest-pistol/

I haven't seen one of the pistols yet with the manual safety like on the military model but I'd like to try one. Will the safety allow for a high thumb grip? I hope so as I believe having the shooting thumb on top of the safety gives leverage and helps with muzzle flip.

The Massachusetts compliant model has thumb safeties.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    The Massachusetts compliant model has thumb safeties.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I've thought about buying one of the MA models but I'll probably just wait now for the M17 commercial.

Feedback Score
    How much does the grip effect muzzle flip?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snakyjake View Post
    How much does the grip effect muzzle flip?
    I don't know how much it effects flip. Probably the biggest impact comes from feeling like the grip is more secure.

On the standard grip module the overall feel is rather round and the bottom of the grip frame is slightly rounded off.

On the X the grip is flat and straight down the back strap making it feel like the hand is being pushed up against the beavertail.

I guess a good comparison might be a round butt revolver vs one with a square butt.

Last edited by Tokarev; 08-12-18 at 08:26.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    [url]
    ... And are the Glock fanboys still upset over the .mil contracts?...

Glock fanboys are always upset about everything...(sincerely, a guy who's last purchase was a Glock...)

Moving on, I'll probably end up trying a P320 of some point.

Feedback Score
    I have a buddy that just picked up an X5. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but it has a nice trigger and great ergos. I kinda hope they turn out to be GTG because they have a lot of good attributes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast