Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning an Aimpoint

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Cleaning an Aimpoint

I recently picked up a used Comp M3...

The only other glass I have are brand new, rarely used cheaper red dots, which I’ve never had to clean.

How do I go about cleaning the lens. I can’t tell if there are scratches, but there is certainly accumulation.8CC4432A-B6D8-4C6B-9FE6-B5CB17553ECE.jpgECD5B6D6-ACFD-4796-A206-058C7D43FF1D.jpg

How do I approach this...?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go buy a camera Lens pens at anywhere they sell cameras. Then you’re good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    I use a q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol and wipe the lens as clean as possible. Before it completely dries I buff it out with a clean microfiber cloth. Make sure there is no dirt or grit when you wipe the lens with the cloth.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I use Flat panel TV cleaning spray, with a clean legit microfiber. Works great, simple.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    So far, I have only succeeded in missing the “don’t use compressed air” advice readily available across the internet, thereby imparting a thin film upon one lens. Gah.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Way over thinking it. Hot soapy water. Rinse under the faucet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dishwasher.

Just kidding. I wipe with a lens cloth. Sometimes I’ll use a bit of soapy water.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    So far, I have only succeeded in missing the “don’t use compressed air” advice readily available across the internet, thereby imparting a thin film upon one lens. Gah.
    Really? Seems most posts I've seen recommend using compressed air

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lens pen and liquid lens cleaner from Walmart glasses shop. I first use a light touch with the lens pen brush, brushing and blowing as much dust and filth off with a light touch. Then I take a GENUINE Q-tip and wet it with the liquid. I carefully and gently clean the lens all over. I use the dry end to gently dry the lens. After a few minutes, when the lens is dry, I use the lens pen chamois and gently chamois the lens from the center out making bigger circles covering the entire lens. This takes about 5 minutes per lens.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dramabeats View Post
    Really? Seems most posts I've seen recommend using compressed air
    I’ve only seen the recommendation against compressed air when using canned air. I’ve heard that the liquid inside the canned air can freeze the lens and cause it to crack being that it is so cold. Air compressors are good to go from what I’ve heard as long as the air is properly dried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast