Thread: Ar9 trigger issue (ive spent six hrs researching)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Ar9 trigger issue (ive spent six hrs researching)

Trigger not resetting at least once per 33rnd mag. I know all of the topics say bolt or trigger but my elftmann ar9 trigger is being severely damaged. This is only after 300 rounds. Any help would be much appreciated. Standard glock style bolt and angstadt arms 9mm buffer, spring and spacer. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I installed a geissele ssp and if you hold the trigger down and rack the bolt it wont reset when you let go. I ordered a hybrid bolt and will update when that arrives.

i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    So... i installed a geissele ssp with old bolt...racked the bolt and held the trigger. Would not reset when released. I installed a new anagstd arms hybrid bolt...does the same thing. Can't fire til tomorrow but does not look promising. Not sure what the issue can be. I have built ( and own) 30+ rifles and have not had one give me fits like this.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Same issue. If i install on a regular ar lower the triggers reset fine. Beginning to think i have an issue with the billet lower.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Usually has more to do with the overall height of the hammer during travel and the bolt.
    I have a Larue MBT trigger that regularly does not reset when used in a 9mm. Same trigger has ran reliably in more than a few 5.56 guns. An ALG and Geissele as well as a few cheaper trigger have worked well as well.

Doesnt look like the hammer was hardened very well. It should not be getting beat up like that
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    Usually has more to do with the overall height of the hammer during travel and the bolt.
    I have a Larue MBT trigger that regularly does not reset when used in a 9mm. Same trigger has ran reliably in more than a few 5.56 guns. An ALG and Geissele as well as a few cheaper trigger have worked well as well.

Doesnt look like the hammer was hardened very well. It should not be getting beat up like that
    I have tried 3 triggers, 2 bolts and 2 different sets of buffers and springs with no improvements

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Maker of the receiver?
    Maker of bolts?
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk_shootr View Post
    Maker of the receiver?
    Maker of bolts?
    Lower is a new frontier 80% that was finished by a local company ( i too think this is the issue) bolts are a warsport that was mated with the warsport barrel. And the other is a anagstd arms hybrid.