Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Les Baer vs Ed Brown

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I just shot a buddy’s Ed Brown on Saturday. While I am not a huge 1911 guy, but this thing was a hammer. I have nerve damage that causes a slight shake in my left hand. It is enough to notice when shooting with both hands. The Ed Brown was putting them in one ragged hole at 20-25ft. That is saying a lot with me shooting..lol. I cannot say anything bad about it other than I am envious it isn’t at my house.
    Owner of Carolina Laser Works
    https://carolinalaserworks.ecwid.com

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Brown makes a nice gun, so do a buncha other manufacturers.
    That said, it’s about the last “semi custom” I’d own.
    I have a few Bears. Like straightR above, they all required minor dicking with to suit me.
    I’d go Baer over Brown of those two.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    What made your Brown not fit in a 1911 holster?

Les Baers won’t fit in a lot of standard 1911 holsters due to the thicker dust cover, but Brows are, at least used to be, normal spec 1911.
    I think it was the trigger guard.

There are just too many good 1911 makers to get a less than an acceptable gun. When a SA 1911 TRP fits that bill, I own two so...

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-21-18 at 20:39.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    24000 rounds....I log them...thru my EB SF since I purchased in 2009. I have found it well worth the money, it is still more accurate than I am, and it fits into, with a rail no less, the holsters I've purchased for it including Galco Royal Guard IWB, Galco OWB leather with thumb break, Raven Concealment with and without light OWB kydex, and safariland drop leg rig. On my third set of sights (tritium wears off) and second extractor. Regular replacement of recoil springs. Has been refinished and had minor mods done at midway point when I had slide stop recessed. Rena and Justin provided excellent customer service and have taken excellent care.
    My experience with Les Baer is that they're target guns and a little too tight for everyday carry and use. Nothing negative but to each their own place. If you want a 1911 to carry or keep as self defense gun as well as range horse Ed Brown is the way I'd go.

Feedback Score

Les Baer vs Ed Brown

Well I’ve owned a few of both....and had about 20,000 rds through my first Special Forces and about 10k through a Monolith and another 15k on my TRS.....I sold both of those years ago and had another SF build and have 15-16k through it now.....and it’s my favorite gun I own.......both make Beautiful guns.....NO ONE comes close to Ed Browns finish on Stainless.....and there’s something Manly about Baer’s blueing....... both are amazing guns and both extremely accurate and can out shoot me....

You can still find smoking deals on used Baer’s from time to time.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AC45ACP; 10-02-18 at 19:08.
    Ed Brown SF / SF Carry
    LWRC 10.5 / DSA SA58 Para Carbine
    Plus one or two more....maybe
    DPS/BCI/NRA Certified Firearms Instructor.
    http://defensiveimpact.com

Feedback Score
    Hey 100,
    I'll keep this short and sweet... Les Baer ALL Day Long!
    There's just something about Ed Brown's, I don't care for. I'd take a Dan Wesson over Brown..
    FWIW: Check out a CASPIAN... Pretty sweet

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    There really is no fair way to compare both these manufacturers asked the question has been proposed. These two guns have a vastly different build and use ideology. The player is a great deal like a mid 60s big black Corvette, raw unadulterated power. The Brown is more along the lines of a modern Z06. More creature comforts, more refined cushy model that can still perform well.

I’ll take the Baer 10 times over
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Kind of splittin hairs, but IMHO and expierience the Baer pistols will edge the Brown's in the accuracy department.

Feedback Score
    I don't get shooting from a rest.

I've owned Baer and Brown. Between the two I'd buy another Wilson. The after sale service is why I recommend WC.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ^That's really the best answer. Their pistols are also better than either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast