Thread: Remington R1

Feedback Score

Remington R1

Browsing various sites, this particular 1911 is close to being competitive price-wise with some of the Philippine-made guns. Being that they're made in Alabama that struck me as unusual. So in 2018, how is their overall QC, reliability, etc.?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I don't buy anything Remington these days, after their disaster with the 700 trigger, shoddy 870 QC, and abortions R51 and other pistols.

Feedback Score
    their production and quality has been down the drain lately, i can't remember seeing anything Remington at the gun store or range...honestly have not seen much change from them.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have not been impressed by the examples I've held. After having a pretty awful experience helping a customer resolve a warranty issue on an R1 with Remington there's no way I would own one.

If you have to buy a 1911 in that price range you would almost certainly be better off with a Rock Island.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 07-29-18 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    Get a Colt Series 70 if you want classic. Otherwise, get a Rock Island like he said and put a GI thumb safety on it.

Quote Originally Posted by guns4activists View Post
    The Remington R1 is definitely a nice 1911. You get a lot of the perks at a more affordable price. It has a double stack configuration which gives you a 15+1 capacity that is much better than other models. I posted a link below that has more information on the Remington as well as some other affordable 1911's so you have some other options to look at as well.

https://www.firearmreview.com/best-1911s-every-budget/
    I wouldn’t call $999.99 MSRP affordable for a modern 1911

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While this thread is now a few months old I can second the statement that Remington is lacking in QC. I purchased an 870 last month and the top of the receiver is even machined flat. It has a cant to it and the top is tilted what looks like 10-20 degrees. Bugs the crap out of me trying to get a sight picture with the bead on the end of the barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    The Remington R1 is definitely a nice 1911. You get a lot of the perks at a more affordable price. It has a double stack configuration which gives you a 15+1 capacity that is much better than other models. I posted a link below that has more information on the Remington as well as some other affordable 1911's so you have some other options to look at as well.

https://www.firearmreview.com/best-1911s-every-budget/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had a stainless R1 up til about 2-3 years ago. Excellent finish, reliability, accuracy. On par with many of my other 1911s.