G&R Tactical
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Odin Works stainless steel adjustable gas block

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0

    Odin Works stainless steel adjustable gas block

    Trying to tune this thing. Only problem is I also have a BCM handguard that is way too difficult to remove. Does anyone know what size screws they use for the adjustment screw? Thinking of just ordering a really long hex key.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,061
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dud3r View Post
    Trying to tune this thing. Only problem is I also have a BCM handguard that is way too difficult to remove. Does anyone know what size screws they use for the adjustment screw? Thinking of just ordering a really long hex key.
    Suggestion:
    https://www.odinworks.com/7_64_Ball_...-7-64-ball.htm

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Thanks but that isnít compatible with the stainless block. I know itís not 7/64. Went to Home Depot and got a long 7/64 and it did not fit. Smallest I have is 3/32.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    2,061
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dud3r View Post
    Thanks but that isnít compatible with the stainless block. I know itís not 7/64. Went to Home Depot and got a long 7/64 and it did not fit. Smallest I have is 3/32.
    E-mail Odin Works, the group that made your block.

    Otherwise, Google is your friend:
    https://www.all-spec.com/Catalog/Han...ers/10705-6669

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    E-mail Odin Works, the group that made your block.

    Otherwise, Google is your friend:
    https://www.all-spec.com/Catalog/Han...ers/10705-6669
    I did email them. And they gave me the same answer. Which is why I have tools down to 3/32 that donít fit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    7,424
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Odin Works told you the screw is supposed to be 7/64 and it's not?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    There are two kinds of nations in the world -- those that use Metric and those who have walked on the moon.
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,376
    Feedback Score
    10 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dud3r View Post
    I did email them. And they gave me the same answer. Which is why I have tools down to 3/32 that don’t fit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe you aren't holding your mouth right. When you get that small (5/64) a set screw is pretty fragile. Like use one time and replace fragile if you get it out. That's a bad place to use a screw that small especially in stainless steel.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Odin Works told you the screw is supposed to be 7/64 and it's not?
    Yes. I am pretty sure they gave me the dimensions to the non stainless version. Havenít answered the following emails.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    7,424
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't think Odin Works would use different screws. I think there's something wrong with yours. It's possible the hex hasn't been broached.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    There are two kinds of nations in the world -- those that use Metric and those who have walked on the moon.
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I don't think Odin Works would use different screws. I think there's something wrong with yours. It's possible the hex hasn't been broached.
    They just got back to me. They use two screws in the same hole. One is adjustment and the other to lock it in place. Apparently the first screw (locking) is 1/16 and the second is 7/64. Never made it to the second because I couldnít release the first.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •