Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What has proven to be your most indispensable shooting accessories?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    The most obvious answer for me would be electronic ear pro. The first time I tried a set it completely changed the shooting experience, I bought a quality pair of electronic muffs and never looked back.
    +1 (but still double up with foam indoors) and a decent range bag (Midway on sale). I was carrying crappy bags of stuff around and they would tear and handles would come off....A mess

Feedback Score
    I have found post-it notes and 3x5 note cards to be great. A 3x5 notecard taped up laterally on a head of an IPSC silohette is just about right for the A-zone. Put a post-it in the center for the brain box. Two 3x5 notecards taped vertically is just about perfect for the high-torso A-zone. You can even toss in a post-it for the heart if you want to.

Great, cheap, easily posted, replaceable targets that can take a single paper silhouette and stretch for hundreds of rounds.

Feedback Score
    I have never used a set of electronic hearing protectors, but they have been on my wish list for some time.

One of the best things I like are my binos. After years of using elcheapos like Tasco, I broke down and got a set of Steiner 8x30 military/marine binos, and they are much more clear than anything I've had in the past. After all, I spend a lot more time looking, that I do shooting.

I know the OP said red dots don't count... but they do for me. My last two deployments were a world of difference from my first. (or from my first 20+ years of peace time training for that matter) Being right handed and left eye dominant, the ability to engage targets without closing my left eye really speeds things up. Though I use an Aimpoint now, I can say without a doubt, my EoTech saved my ass in Iraq in 2005 twice when without it, old sarge (I was already in my 40s) would not have been quick enough.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    I have never used a set of electronic hearing protectors, but they have been on my wish list for some time.

One of the best things I like are my binos. After years of using elcheapos like Tasco, I broke down and got a set of Steiner 8x30 military/marine binos, and they are much more clear than anything I've had in the past. After all, I spend a lot more time looking, that I do shooting.

I know the OP said red dots don't count... but they do for me. My last two deployments were a world of difference from my first. (or from my first 20+ years of peace time training for that matter) Being right handed and left eye dominant, the ability to engage targets without closing my left eye really speeds things up. Though I use an Aimpoint now, I can say without a doubt, my EoTech saved my ass in Iraq in 2005 twice when without it, old sarge (I was already in my 40s) would not have been quick enough.
    My buddy bought a set up those Binos and I was impressed. For a reasonable price, they are solid.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post

Steiner 8x30 military/marine binos are high on wish list, I am still in the shitty Tasco phase. And believe me, I know where you are coming from with the red dot. I was basically unable to right-handed before I got my Aimpoints, I'm just looking at all the side do-dads.

I've been using electronic hearing pro for a few years now, what major difference. I just bought a pair for my daughter on her birthday, the OMG look she gave me first time she used them was priceless, thought she was going to pee herself when I told she could plug her tunes into it.

I bought a timer a couple months ago, great little feedback tool.

High on my wish list at this point would be a quality replacement for my crappy spotting scope, laser range finder and a solid gear/range bag.

Great suggestions everyone.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Most definitely a good call.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    My Prochrono Chronograph.......I do a lot of load testing. It's nice to know the average velocities, Standard Deviation and Extreme Spread.
    Vietnam Vet June66- Dec67 - Kandahar Afghanistan 2007

Feedback Score
    Maglula UpLuLa magazine loader.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Ice Chest with frosty beverages for us here in the desert... and.....

Pappabear's Taco for painting steel.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'd like to reiterate Ice chest !!
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast