Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What has proven to be your most indispensable shooting accessories?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I'd like to reiterate Ice chest !!
    The guns are secondary to the Ice Chest.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Rattlecanning FDE over black guns be in the Arizona heat. It’ll help you from burning the shit outta your hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This. Giant industrial-sized ice chest full of water and G2 Gatorade bottles.

One of the big mamma-jamma's with wheels on it, not one of the lunch-box size ones.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Rattlecanning FDE over black guns be in the Arizona heat. It’ll help you from burning the shit outta your hand.
    To say nothing of your face. I learned that when lived in the Phoenix area (Glendale) then reaffirmed it in SE OK, it was like the monsoon season in AZ (not necessarily raining) all the flipping time, just miserable hot intense sun with ridiculous humidity. If you weren't rehydrating constantly you'd be dying.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    To say nothing of your face. I learned that when lived in the Phoenix area (Glendale) then reaffirmed it in SE OK, it was like the monsoon season in AZ (not necessarily raining) all the flipping time, just miserable hot intense sun with ridiculous humidity. If you weren't rehydrating constantly you'd be dying.
    We haven't got cooked too bad this year at all. Pop up shade is another life saver, folding tables, and Pappabear hangs screens on the sides of the pop up for excellent shade.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another voter for the UpLula... followed closely by the StripLula... Load mags quickly, get back to shooting.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Another voter for the UpLula... followed closely by the StripLula... Load mags quickly, get back to shooting.
    This seems to be coming up a lot.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    My cell phone is pretty damn instrumental to improving my shooting ability, specifically the video camera. Nothing like being able to review video of your stance, reloads, etc. and fix things that need fixing.

Also, not sure if this qualifies since it is not a physical item per se, but allow me to add to the list: this forum. Not sure how dudes learned about this stuff pre-internet, but I'm sure glad I can come on here and learn about all kinds of gear, training techniques, drills, etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    For me - I would have to say that the most indispensable accessory, is a staple gun w/a box of staples. I learned a long time ago that this is the 2d most important "gun" that you can bring to the range.

For me, my range bag set-up is fluid. I have 2 different range bags. 1 generally has the ammo and magazines/moon clips, while the other has the "cool" (but handy) stuff. However, I've recently been looking at one of the plastic, rolling tool boxes with the collapsible handle (like what a contractor would use to roll tools from the vehicle to a work site)

My "cool" stuff range bag includes, but is not limited to:
    - 1st Aid kit w/ tourniquet + band-aids (for little owies)
    - Electronic hearing protection (w/a spare battery) + foam earplugs (For double protection when someone is shooting something w/ a
    muzzle brake under overhead cover)
    - Some form of lubricant/oil, an application rag, a weapons cleaning kit and some paper towels
    - A small Allen wrench/Torx bit set
    - Screwdriver bit set
    - Targets, masking tape, black "bulls eye" stickies
    - Spotting scope/binoculars/tripod
    - Short cleaning rod (for pistol), full length cleaning rod (for rifle)
    - Shot timer (w/a spare battery)
    - Lulu/glock loader for whatever I'm shooting. Spare moon clips + loader/unloader for revolver
    - 1911 bushing wrench
    - Small notepad, pen, and sharpie
    - Sand bags (these can be made using old blue jean pant legs w/ plastic bag liners)

YMMV - but this has worked well for me.
    Last edited by flhshvlhed; 08-12-18 at 02:21.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Maglula

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast