Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What has proven to be your most indispensable shooting accessories?

Feedback Score
    All of my reloading gear.

I just keep my supply of components topped off as sales pop up.
    Last edited by andre3k; 08-13-18 at 03:08.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've come to really appreciate the little Fireclean packets of lubricant. Easy to toss to newbies that run their guns dry and keep on your kit in general.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    I've come to really appreciate the little Fireclean packets of lubricant. Easy to toss to newbies that run their guns dry and keep on your kit in general.
    I've taken to putting those packets (any lubes, I don't care which, just whatever I got for free) in my pistol grip, just in case.

Feedback Score
    I think the laws just have this information

Feedback Score
    Snap caps

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dillon XL650. I'd shoot about a fifth less if it weren't for that sucker. I have a separate toolhead for 9x19 and .223, so it takes about 15 minutes to change the press over. And the casefeeder is amazing too.

Brass catcher for our AR-15s. Chasing brass would get old VERY fast. It's bad enough I have to do it with 9mm.

My electronic ear pro is effective but uncomfortable. I will one day upgrade to something more comfortable with better NRR rating and bluetooth (iPhone doesn't have a headphone jack).

I really want to get a shot timer!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dump pouch. The one I got is from a small company out of Visalia, CA called Specter Gear. Love the quality of this thing and the size is perfect. Sadly, I don't think they make it anymore.

Anyway, I can't imagine not having this thing on my belt. Makes life so much easier while out training. I use it to hold everything and anything...shot timer, sharpie, phone, range finder, brass, empty mags, etc.

Last edited by Jonnyt16; 10-21-18 at 15:27.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    -Custom fit foam earplugs
    -Electronic ears
    -Good eyewear
    -Long sleeve camping/boating shirts - sun protection that lest some air through
    -A quality headlamp with a red LED and low-medium-high settings - for night loading and target changing obviously

Feedback Score
    As others have mentioned, UpLULA loaders are great. As for hearing protection, as much as I hate in-the-ear headphones and earplugs, I hate earmuffs even more, so I had some custom ones molded that are significantly more comfortable and easier to use than foam or plastic in-the-ear ones and also more comfortable and obviously not bulky like earmuffs. The set I mainly use for shooting passively block out louder noises while allowing quieter noises, like talking, through. I've never used electronic earmuffs, but I'd guess they probably do better at that than mine, though mine do pretty well enough. Some day I'd like to get a set of electronic custom-molded plugs.

A couple other unique things I keep in my main range bag (I have several bags, one large one for guns, targets, cleaning gear, and some other stuff and smaller ones for mags and ammo) are a net (just a cheap net fabric I bought off eBay) that I lay down on the ground to catch the shells, which helps with cleanup (I need to get a bigger piece, though, and preferably one with smaller holes) and a bathmat for putting guns on to keep them clean. A towel would also work, and would be a bit more compact, but I use a bathmat due to the rubber backing, so I can put it on a car or sloped surface if needed and it'll stay put.

Binoculars have been mentioned several times. I've had a pair of Nikon binoculars for over ~25-30 years now that I love. They may not be super high quality, but they're not cheap, and the optics seem plenty good to me. But what I really like about them is that they have a variable zoom, something like 7-20x, which is a feature I've not seen on any other pair. I'm sure others have it, but it seems to be a pretty rare thing, and it's incredibly useful.

I also keep a small medkit in my main range bag, with some QuikClot, though I need to replace it and add some other things like a tourniquet. And I typically keep spare eye and ear protection for others.

I also use snap-caps (dummy rounds), including drywall anchors for the 22s.

And finally, self-sealing targets. Paper targets suck (hard to see if you're hitting them, have to keep replacing them, limited to where you can hang them) and metal targets have splashback risks, are big and heavy, and are mostly stationary. But I have several different Do-All (and other similar brands) targets that are great. I just toss them out on the range in various spots then move back and forth between them as I'm shooting, and you know when you hit them because they move, which is also nice because then their locations change. Once I just kept shooting a ball over and over until it eventually rolled too far away to hit anymore. And one of the targets is a groundhog on a spring. These targets are so easy to use, give great feedback, and last forever. I got some spinner ones with the idea of stringing them across the range on some dog-run cable, but it didn't take long before someone hit the cable and destroyed it. If I can figure out something that would hold up better, that would make a great setup.

Oh, and one last thing: bug spray.

Feedback Score
    E ear pro
    Pickup truck
    Butt wipes
    Steel targets

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast