G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: US Palm magazines are rising from the dead

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Edge of Puget Sound
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Where did you get Tango Down? I keep saying that US Palm was the earlier iteration of this magazine.

    It is steel reinforced the same as the Bulgarian Circle-10 and the Soviet orange plastic mags. Seems plenty sturdy to me.

    Bart Noir

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    70
    Feedback Score
    0
    Tango Down initially made all of the US Palm (non nylon) accessories.

    Both business separated and US Palm started making their own stuff.

    That's why the US Palm ak grips stopped coming with the grip plug.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    530
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If they wanted to copy something from US Palm that people are actually still trying to buy they should have started making the grips. I don't have an issue using the PTS licensed ones but some people won't because airsoft.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    If they wanted to copy something from US Palm that people are actually still trying to buy they should have started making the grips. I don't have an issue using the PTS licensed ones but some people won't because airsoft.
    I use a different grip myself, but using the PTS grip certainly makes more sense than buy a used US Palm grip for $100+...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    920
    Feedback Score
    0
    I thought they had fixed the weak rear latch point - doesn’t look like it.

    No thanks.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    390
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you still can not take these apart for maintenance then I am still not interested.

    TED

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    232
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 96 SS View Post
    I thought they had fixed the weak rear latch point - doesn’t look like it.

    No thanks.
    Both the front and rear latches are indeed steel reinforced, as are the feed lips.

    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    If you still can not take these apart for maintenance then I am still not interested.

    TED
    The baseplate on these mags comes off for cleaning.

    EDIT: Looks like the "steel reinforcement" is just a thin veneer. No thanks.
    Last edited by georgeib; 08-05-18 at 08:12.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,217
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Noir View Post

    It is steel reinforced the same as the Bulgarian Circle-10 and the Soviet orange plastic mags. Seems plenty sturdy to me.

    Bart Noir
    Not if they are made the same way as the original TD mags. Original commie mags had a solid metal locking lug. TD mags had a thin band of metal covering plastic. They were failure prone.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    920
    Feedback Score
    0
    It’s a thin outside “jacket” of steel shroud - not a steel latch. I broke one of the USP inserting it into a SAM7SF -
    Not confidence inspiring

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •