Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good .300 blk barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I put together a 14.5" 300Blk for hunting and used a Noveske barrel. It also came with the gas block. Couldn't ask for any better in this case.
    My son is the hunter in the family. In your experience what load should I steer him to for deer out of a 16 inch upper I'm building for him?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    My son is the hunter in the family. In your experience what load should I steer him to for deer out of a 16 inch upper I'm building for him?
    I'm using the Vortex 110gr TSX ammunition. Last year I shot a 197lb (dressed weight) 8 pointer at 176 yards and took out both lungs and the heart. Through and through shot. I've taken a ton of deer inside of 100 yards and no issues. I'm still getting comfortable with the round for deer and I'm thinking my range limit is going to be 250 yards max.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    for supers the 110g black tip still reigns supreme.

I have also heard good things about the 120g offering from barnes.

Feedback Score
    I guess 110 grain ammo is the best?
    Last edited by Skeeter98; 07-31-18 at 16:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    My only foray into the .300 blackout world has been with a Wilson Combat 11.3" barrel, but it has run flawlessly, and has been very accurate. (even with my injuries and tired old eyes) It's on an SBR I keep for home defense so I shoot supersonic Hornady 110gr Vor-tx exclusively as a duty round.

What ammo do you plan to run? What goals are you looking for? Sometimes you chose what ammo you want to shoot first, then go look for a barrel suited to shoot that type. Otherwise you're stuck with a barrel, and searching for ammo it likes... I contacted Wilson Combat and talked to them before I ordered my barrel. (Sure they're salesmen, and just want to sell their product, but they also know that if they recommend me one, then sell me one that doesn't work, they'll get bad press in forums and social media.)
    im planning to run any ammo I can get. Good, bad, sub, super, all the grains.

Feedback Score
    Can't speak to the ones you asked about but I'm running 8.5" and 10.5" Noveske barrels in my 300blk SBRs. Plenty of shooting, suppressed subs mostly but also open supersonic, without any hiccups.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I’ve had good luck with Barnes 110s and 125 gr Nosler BTs. I’ve killed mature deer out to 250 with this combo. I have both a “pistol” and 16” rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm using the Vortex 110gr TSX ammunition. Last year I shot a 197lb (dressed weight) 8 pointer at 176 yards and took out both lungs and the heart. Through and through shot. I've taken a ton of deer inside of 100 yards and no issues. I'm still getting comfortable with the round for deer and I'm thinking my range limit is going to be 250 yards max.
    Thanks!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Sure thing. The 110gr TSX ammo is the standard at this point as far as supers are concerned. I haven't delved into the other offerings too much yet.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Sure thing. The 110gr TSX ammo is the standard at this point as far as supers are concerned. I haven't delved into the other offerings too much yet.
    is it the TTSX you're talking about? I'm assuming it's the same Projo as the TAC-TX?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12