Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good .300 blk barrel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Good .300 blk barrel?

I'm looking for a decent barrel for a .300 blk pistol future build

The barrels I'm looking at are

-Ballistic Advantage Hanson series 10.3 inch, Button rifled, Nitrided, 1/7 twist, gas block, $220

-10.3 inch Daniel Defense, CHF, Chrome lined, 1/8 twist, gas block, $350

-10.5 inch PSA FN, CHF, Extra THICC Chrome lined, 1/8 twist, $300

Is there any difference between the performance of these 3 barrels? I want to be able to shoot all kinds of ammo. Is the DD barrel worth 130$ more than the BA barrel?
    Last edited by Skeeter98; 07-31-18 at 16:56.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have BA, BCM and Faxon barrels on 300 Blks.
    All have performed well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I did quite a bit of research and found this
    8.5-9” is enough for complete burn
    Pistol gas length is best
    1-7 or Tighter twist is desired
    I got the 9” BCM as it was all these and lightest I could find with a sub moa reputation

Feedback Score
    In my experience, the Select and Match barrels shoot about the same. The Ultramatch shoots a bit tighter, but I think you would need to be a pretty good shooter to get the maximum accuracy out of all the barrels. 300 isn't known as a precision round, so if it were me, I'd go with the Select 10.5" and call it a day.

If money is no object, you can't go wrong with the Noveske Barrel.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 View Post
    300 isn't known as a precision round
    300BLK is as accurate as the bullet, barrel and load. Nothing inherently about it that makes it not accurate. Ive shot 5 round groups out of my 9" AAC barrel with tuned 125g SMK's that you could cover with a soda can tab.

The biggest issue with 300blk is people buying the bottom of the barrel cheap 79 dollar barrels, putting shit ass 150g FMJ rounds through it, using open sights, off hand, and saying "why does it shoot 3-5 inch groups at 100, this round sucks for accuracy"... Its a common theme over on 300blktalk and perpetuates the myth that 300blk has issues with accuracy. Lots of guys over there shooting really good accuracy and precision with 300blk. It takes a little more work because there arent many "accuracy" bullets out for 300blk as all the development has gone into expanding sub sonic projectiles, which I get.

We have that issue here with people building cheap ass builds and shooting 55g FMJBT through it and being pissed it shoots 5" groups... when plenty of others put 500 dollar barrels in and shoot tuned 77g SMK into under 1/2" groups.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Rainier SS Match is tight and a very nice barrel for the cash.

Feedback Score
    I own two of the DD barrels. I highly recommend them. They are both sub-MOA in my pistol configuration as well as the 16” barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    My only foray into the .300 blackout world has been with a Wilson Combat 11.3" barrel, but it has run flawlessly, and has been very accurate. (even with my injuries and tired old eyes) It's on an SBR I keep for home defense so I shoot supersonic Hornady 110gr Vor-tx exclusively as a duty round.

What ammo do you plan to run? What goals are you looking for? Sometimes you chose what ammo you want to shoot first, then go look for a barrel suited to shoot that type. Otherwise you're stuck with a barrel, and searching for ammo it likes... I contacted Wilson Combat and talked to them before I ordered my barrel. (Sure they're salesmen, and just want to sell their product, but they also know that if they recommend me one, then sell me one that doesn't work, they'll get bad press in forums and social media.)
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 07-31-18 at 00:27.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I put together a 14.5" 300Blk for hunting and used a Noveske barrel. It also came with the gas block. Couldn't ask for any better in this case.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I am very happy with my 9 inch Ballistics advantage barrel.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast