Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centurion arms free float handguard

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Centurion arms free float handguard

How tight should I torque the one on my Colt trooper?
    I need to realign it because it came crooked from the factory.

The only instructions I could find was some pdf that said as tight as possible by hand, which I do not feel comfortable with at all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    25 inch pounds should do it. Some folks use a dab of blue locker, some screws have it embedded to the screws, some use clear (or any color) fingernail polish, etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    25 inch pounds should do it. Some folks use a dab of blue locker, some screws have it embedded to the screws, some use clear (or any color) fingernail polish, etc.
    Thank you. My biggest concern was over torquing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 Bonded SP View Post
    Thank you. My biggest concern was over torquing.
    I recently purchased a new Colt LE6960-Combat Unit Carbine. The Centurion Arms CMR MLOK rail that came factory installed was misaligned with the upper receiver. I contacted Centurion Arms directly (I heard horror stories of Colts 2-3 month warranty turn around times). Corrie LeClair at Centurion issued an RMA and had me send my upper to Centurion. After inspection, not only was my upper/rail misaligned but was over torqued so badly that it warped the CMR rail. Centurion Arms replaced the entire rail and installed it properly free of charge!

Centurion Arms has the best customer service in the industry...….In my opinion, even better than Daniel Defense.
    Last edited by 11Bravo20; 07-15-18 at 15:23.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo20 View Post
    I recently purchased a new Colt LE6960-Combat Unit Carbine. The Centurion Arms CMR MLOK rail that came factory installed was misaligned with the upper receiver. I contacted Centurion Arms directly (I heard horror stories of Colts 2-3 month warranty turn around times). Corrie LeClair at Centurion issued an RMA and had me send my upper to Centurion. After inspection, not only was my upper misaligned but was over torqued so badly that it warped the CMR rail. Centurion Arms replaced the entire rail and installed it properly free of charge!
    This is a conversation I had with Monty. The assemblers at Colt over over-torquing the CMR rails on the Trooper and CCU.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sig1473 View Post
    This is a conversation I had with Monty. The assemblers at Colt over over-torquing the CMR rails on the Trooper and CCU.
    The problem seems to be quite common on the LE6920-R and LE6960-CCU.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I recently purchased a new Colt LE6960-Combat Unit Carbine. The Centurion Arms CMR MLOK rail that came factory installed was misaligned with the upper receiver. I contacted Centurion Arms directly (I heard horror stories of Colts 2-3 month warranty turn around times). Corrie LeClair at Centurion issued an RMA and had me send my upper to Centurion. After inspection, not only was my upper/rail misaligned but was over torqued so badly that it warped the CMR rail. Centurion Arms replaced the entire rail and installed it properly free of charge!

Centurion Arms has the best customer service in the industry...….In my opinion, even better than Daniel Defense.
    You lay down with dogs you wake up with flees, great to hear Monty took care of you. Very cool.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The problem seems to be quite common on the LE6920-R and LE6960-CCU.
    Did your CMR come with a rail insert that goes into the bottom of the rail where the screws are torqued down?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You lay down with dogs you wake up with flees, great to hear Monty took care of you. Very cool.

PB
    Not sure if you are insinuating that Colt is a dog of a company by that statemen or not......I carried a Colt while serving as an Infantry soldier and they are a great company. I also own 2 Daniel Defense DDM4's a Colt 6940, LE6920 along with my LE6960-CCU. My first Daniel Defense DDM4 V11 had to go back to the factory for a serious issue. Shit happens.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Its just mix and match often falls short. Either company is great by itself, just a thing jumbling. I have multiple Colts , several Restricted lowers that I covet, my favorite Colt is my 6945 10.3 and love it. But Colt is not know for great customer service, which is ashamed. Colt is the great at the basics, but a 6920 and do your thang, or 6945....

Monty has to fix their issues to keep his rep. Thats how this rolled out.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-15-18 at 20:57.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast