Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey, current military guys......

Feedback Score

Hey, current military guys......

….do any of you actually use the KAC rail panels on your M4's? Especially interested in hearing from current or recent Infantry types (Army or Marine).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Some guys do, some don’t.

Truth be told, the majority of line guys just get issued their rifle and never really change much about it. Things like rail covers kinda just stayed where they were.

Some guys would have the rail covers, but I never used them given I had a VFG with the tape switch for my PEQ on it and had my personal Scout light on an offset mount.

Feedback Score
    Thanks GTF425.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I switched to magpul ladders for the lower profile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I switched to magpul ladders for the lower profile.
    Yeah those KAC panels make it beefier for sure. I was just wondering since they come from the factory with the KAC panels and was interested in how many actually utilize them.

Like GTF425 alluded to, with all the crap that is hung off of a combat carbine in modern times (PEQ, light, VFG) it would leave little room for those rail panels. Given the carbine length of the KAC RAS that really restricts the territory left over for panels.

Like yourself I also tend to lean towards the rail ladders.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 08-05-18 at 18:13.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Just like others said, some do, some don't. Some have the KAC vertical grip. Being 11C, we get our cool stuff taken by the bravos.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Not combat arms, but we just got fielded brand new A1s that came with all of the panels and a VFG. I think I’m one of a few that chose to pull most of that stuff off but every time we draw weapons more and more are turned back in with that stuff missing (I’m sure because it fell off and got lost, no one cares enough to steal it). I hate the panels personally, the attachment method kind of sucks and so much girth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I got mine as a brand new M4 for 2 weeks of training...
    I put a cover on the bottom, and right, rail only to minimize the scraping in my hand.

Feedback Score
    My company never allowed us to customize our issued gear. Some other companies in our Battalion were allowed to add and remove things like AFGs, rail panels, and whatnot, but what we got was what we got. If it had rail panels, we used them, if not, we didnt. I got out last year, and my Battalion was just then switching everybody from A4s to M4s. Before that, the only dudes with M4s were Team Leaders. We were generally the last unit to receive the "new" stuff. 3/5 was right down the road, and they had freaking robots with 240's mounted on them while we were keeping PEQ 15's on our A4s with duct tape.

But, it's unit/company/platoon specific. We weren't allowed to change stuff, but others could.

Me personally, I wouldn't use them if I had the choice. It's one less thing to clean to perfection before the armory rejects you for the 3rd time in 8 hours on a Friday at 1800.
    Last edited by Daksquatch; 08-06-18 at 06:55.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daksquatch View Post
    It's one less thing to clean to perfection before the armory rejects you for the 3rd time in 8 hours on a Friday at 1800.
    1800? You guys musta got off work early!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast