G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Need suggestions for a very rigid rail for new Hodge 12.5in barrel build

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    58
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    There isn’t anything wrong with an NSR. It is superior to almost every rail on the market.
    Correct, aside from it having the most flex of any rail mentioned in this thread and that Noveske downgraded their material choice for the NSR. It's no longer 6061 T6. It is 6005 T5 now.

    Furthermore, if I can flex a 15 NSR with mere hand pressure to contact the gas block... there is something wrong with Noveske offering any NSR longer than 11 or 13 inches.
    Last edited by DirtDiver06; 08-05-18 at 02:02.
    <2>

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Free State of Nebraska
    Posts
    5,133
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtDiver06 View Post
    Correct, aside from it having the most flex of any rail mentioned in this thread and that Noveske downgraded their material choice for the NSR. It's no longer 6061 T6. It is 6005 T5 now.

    Furthermore, if I can flex a 15 NSR with mere hand pressure to contact the gas block... there is something wrong with Noveske offering any NSR longer than 11 or 13 inches.

    But when it flexes, does it bounce back or stay in the displaced position?

    Almost every muffler clamp style rail does not bounce back. They squirm around on their worthless short barrel nuts
    Last edited by scottryan; 08-05-18 at 23:15.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    769
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    But when it flexes, does it bounce back or stay in the displaced position?
    That is irrelevant in the context of the thread, though; the point of having a rigid handguard is to minimize any deflection of MFALs when load is applied, such as being jammed against a barricade or on a loaded bipod.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

    老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    643
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    There isn’t anything wrong with an NSR. It is superior to almost every rail on the market.
    ^ No, just no.
    Hodge will eventually have his new 'pinch lock' rails available. Could be a long time though.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Mitten
    Posts
    359
    Feedback Score
    0
    I also think the LaRue quad is an absolute rock. I like the keeper system. Although I am so paranoid about my own builds, idk if I installed 1000% percent correctly because my keeper isn't equidistantly centered. Don't mind my OCD.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Free State of Nebraska
    Posts
    5,133
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    ^ No, just no.
    Hodge will eventually have his new 'pinch lock' rails available. Could be a long time though.

    Yes I am right. The vast majority of rails use a muffler clamp set up and all squirm on the barrel nut.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    OUTPOST 31
    Posts
    7,459
    Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    ^ No, just no.
    Hodge will eventually have his new 'pinch lock' rails available. Could be a long time though.
    And everything Hodge is vaporware so meh

    Get a URX4


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Answer The Bell...” J.W.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    643
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    There is a real lack of 12" rails on the market. At this time, I'd go with a 12" ALG EMR V3 m-lok. It should be rigid enough to keep your MAWL zero. They are on sale now for $99. The new Hodge rail should be available at some point.
    Last edited by elephantrider; 08-10-18 at 13:56.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •