Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Safe Reviews

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by marufamin View Post
    I thought I could give a short review and get some response. Bad, good or anything else? Isn't this a review section? So I reviewed it.

Forum: Stickman

All Stick's photo's reviews and thoughts in one place!

Here is the difference between you and I good sir. Everyone in the industry knows who I am, which is why I have a forum on a professional weapon site for my own reviews and topics. I would strongly encourage you to join the US Military and gain the valuable insights, training, and experiences which will be imparted upon you. After you leave the military, join a major police department and specialize with weapons, tactics, and armorer functions. After awhile, you may be asked to join one of the special teams, once you pass the tryouts, you will gain additional valuable training and insight. After all that, you may be tasked as a TL, where you will have even more fun. Between the two uniforms, you will see sights and smells unlike anything you ever thought you would see, but you will find out not only what works and what doesn't, but you will also find out what makes people work.

After or during the above, become an instructor. A GOOD instructor, not just a clown who reads a book or presses power point buttons. Become the instructor with a firearm who can read people, not just in their ability with a weapon, but with the way they are thinking so you can aid in imparting a mindset to those you teach.

While the above is good, it takes years and years to become a good instructor. However, it takes DECADES to become one who can read and work with all sort of people at an individual level. I have found martial arts is a good way for persons to learn, and work with others. Add in to the above a few (3 or more) decades of teaching martial arts just to help you be well rounded. In working firearms and combatives, it is my firm belief the instructor should be able to teach a multitude of disciplines, and weave them all together in the manner of a modern day Samurai.

The above may prove to be a bit difficult, and the amount of injuries you receive will be notable. I know of no one who survives a career in a grinder without damage of some form. However, that is part of the gift you are receiving.

Now we move on. The above experiences and training are not enough, because much like being a good instructor, you need to be able to impart your skills and / or knowledge to others. This means you need to be an effective writer, and you need to become good at photography. My suggestion would be to publish 10 or 15 local articles before hitting up a major magazine. Make sure both your images and written work is up to snuff! Once you are published on an international level, hit the forums for a decade or two so you get to a point where you know what people are looking for, and people know who you are.

Once you have done the above, you are more than welcome to join this forum and post. Once you are a known commodity with all of the above taken care of, you will be looked at as an Industry Professional, and will be able to post here while being held to a slightly different standard. Do that for a decade or so, and then maybe, just maybe the board owners will talk to the Staff and Admin and see about getting you your own section to post in. Personally, I wish you the best of luck as we always need good men in uniform out there doing Gods work.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Here is the difference between you and I good sir. Everyone in the industry knows who I am, which is why I have a forum on a professional weapon site for my own reviews and topics. I would strongly encourage you to join the US Military and gain the valuable insights, training, and experiences which will be imparted upon you. After you leave the military, join a major police department and specialize with weapons, tactics, and armorer functions. After awhile, you may be asked to join one of the special teams, once you pass the tryouts, you will gain additional valuable training and insight. After all that, you may be tasked as a TL, where you will have even more fun. Between the two uniforms, you will see sights and smells unlike anything you ever thought you would see, but you will find out not only what works and what doesn't, but you will also find out what makes people work.

After or during the above, become an instructor. A GOOD instructor, not just a clown who reads a book or presses power point buttons. Become the instructor with a firearm who can read people, not just in their ability with a weapon, but with the way they are thinking so you can aid in imparting a mindset to those you teach.

While the above is good, it takes years and years to become a good instructor. However, it takes DECADES to become one who can read and work with all sort of people at an individual level. I have found martial arts is a good way for persons to learn, and work with others. Add in to the above a few (3 or more) decades of teaching martial arts just to help you be well rounded. In working firearms and combatives, it is my firm belief the instructor should be able to teach a multitude of disciplines, and weave them all together in the manner of a modern day Samurai.

The above may prove to be a bit difficult, and the amount of injuries you receive will be notable. I know of no one who survives a career in a grinder without damage of some form. However, that is part of the gift you are receiving.

Now we move on. The above experiences and training are not enough, because much like being a good instructor, you need to be able to impart your skills and / or knowledge to others. This means you need to be an effective writer, and you need to become good at photography. My suggestion would be to publish 10 or 15 local articles before hitting up a major magazine. Make sure both your images and written work is up to snuff! Once you are published on an international level, hit the forums for a decade or two so you get to a point where you know what people are looking for, and people know who you are.

Once you have done the above, you are more than welcome to join this forum and post. Once you are a known commodity with all of the above taken care of, you will be looked at as an Industry Professional, and will be able to post here while being held to a slightly different standard. Do that for a decade or so, and then maybe, just maybe the board owners will talk to the Staff and Admin and see about getting you your own section to post in. Personally, I wish you the best of luck as we always need good men in uniform out there doing Gods work.
    Hello sir, I want to apologize at the very beginning, I did not think that it would be so much big a deal, As I am new here, I didn't fully know how people communicate here or talk about any topic. I thought if I post something, people will ask questions and start conversations. There was no such intention to mislead someone or get any commercial benefit. I found this forum so active and talkative in the first place and wanted to draw some attention. That's all, and all those words you said above made me respect you, sir.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Here is the difference between you and I good sir. Everyone in the industry knows who I am, which is why I have a forum on a professional weapon site for my own reviews and topics.
    But it's the internet, so everyone's opinion is equal!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12