Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Educate me-Flat wire vs round spring technical data...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I can't find a Colt rifle spring anywhere, so I ordered a few rifle springs from BCM. I'll try them in a non-adjustable gas drive mid-length(Sionics barreled) upper and see how I like it. I'll try to find an A5H4 to try with the Green spring and flat wire spring as well. I may try the Tubbs at some point, but for the time being it would be more for curiosity.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I can't find a Colt rifle spring anywhere, so I ordered a few rifle springs from BCM. I'll try them in a non-adjustable gas drive mid-length(Sionics barreled) upper and see how I like it. I'll try to find an A5H4 to try with the Green spring and flat wire spring as well. I may try the Tubbs at some point, but for the time being it would be more for curiosity.
    I tested them. I bought several from Specialized Armament. They were super close to the BCM rifle springs I also bought. Super close.

My credit card number was stolen around the same time as each of my two SA orders (which I'm sure was dumb luck and a coincidence) so I haven't ordered anything else from SA in quite a while. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice solid info in this thread, it seems a shame we haven't had input from some of the key players lately. Guys who contribute are certainly missed when they leave.

Anyone have any updated info or spring combinations that are working out well for them?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Don’t shoot me.

Colt 6920 running like a scalded dog on the stock spring and H buffer.

Definitely less dot movement and more controllable than with the A5.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Don’t shoot me.

Colt 6920 running like a scalded dog on the stock spring and H buffer.

Definitely less dot movement and more controllable than with the A5.
    Amen, and yours isn't the only one, I like an H2, but I also like pepperoni on my side of the pizza.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Nice solid info in this thread, it seems a shame we haven't had input from some of the key players lately. Guys who contribute are certainly missed when they leave.
    Do you know where tom12.7 went? His last post was in this thread.

crosseyedshooter, have you measured any new springs since post #10?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I read this thread last night, went out this morning with a few Pmag 40s of 62gr Winchester. I tried the Tubb spring again in an A5 tube with an A5-2 buffer.

Sure enough, it seemed to run fine but a few cases would kick out the front at 1:00 or eject about 3’ to the 4:00.

I am seriously done with anything other than a Colt carbine spring and H, or H2 buffer on anything that I need to depend on.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I read this thread last night, went out this morning with a few Pmag 40s of 62gr Winchester. I tried the Tubb spring again in an A5 tube with an A5-2 buffer.

Sure enough, it seemed to run fine but a few cases would kick out the front at 1:00 or eject about 3’ to the 4:00.

I am seriously done with anything other than a Colt carbine spring and H, or H2 buffer on anything that I need to depend on.
    Try Sprinco Green.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345