Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bronze star recipient defending his home shot by responders

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Once upon a time a former colleague of mine and I were tossing around the idea of starting a biohazard cleanup service.

$$$$$$
    Ick. There's not enough money in the world for me to want to spend my days in a rubber suit scraping dried brains off of drywall.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    I think it's more a shift from people who used to defend their home and property with a firearm to people who just "call the cops / call a lawyer" and let someone else fix their problems.

As a consequence, in some areas, police encounter fewer armed homeowners. But at much as I want LEOs to protect themselves, some "do no harm" training and extra emphasis would probably help at the academy and during the probationary year.

Sounds like the wife did her "due diligence" with the 911 call and this simply should NOT have happened unless the home defender did something really, really wrong like flag the responding officers.
    Yup. Let's see the bodycam footage.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    There is some weird dynamic between the family, the Chief and the DA that I don't understand. We don't have the body cams footage because of the DA, says the Chief.

Why would the DA hold onto it if it weren't because he thinks that he might charge someone?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Once upon a time a former colleague of mine and I were tossing around the idea of starting a biohazard cleanup service.

$$$$$$
    Not a bad gig.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wWmRTjLRMfU
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Marvin!!!!!

What can I say, I've always had a strong stomach.

Can't even tell you how many times I helped someone clean up feces, blood to include menstrual blood, vomit, gangrenous tissue, urine, et al. out of the back of their squads or a cell. The city I worked for once said F-it and condemned a house where a hoarder had died and been decomposing for the summer. No clean up needed just send in the dozer.

Kind of similar to circles one find themselves traveling in, not only did we know some guys making coin off bio cleanup but knew a guy who was an MD turned repoman due to the cash flow. Him and his brother had the sweetest sleeper rig that could pull up right next to a car. They wore body armor and had 360° audio/video system on their truck.

There is all kind of mad side hustles out there for the taking.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    There is some weird dynamic between the family, the Chief and the DA that I don't understand. We don't have the body cams footage because of the DA, says the Chief.

Why would the DA hold onto it if it weren't because he thinks that he might charge someone?
    Probably what's happening. Hold the video until after the grand jury to make sure the jury isn't tainted. They did the same thing here for the Mesa officers bad shoot.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345