Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Krebs AK

Feedback Score

Krebs AK

I am thinking about getting either a Krebs ak or rifle dynamics for a fighting ak and classes. Is one better than the other for serious use? I know krebs uses childers receiver and polish and us parts not sure about rd. I am new to custom aks.

Feedback Score
    I'd get a base Arsenal and customize it from there. Most of the stuff they add isn't even necessary and you may find you want something set up a little different. An SLR 107FR or SAM 7 milled variant would also hold it's value over the US made variants and is original.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is this your first AK or just the first custom AK you're looking into?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Is this your first AK or just the first custom AK you're looking into?
    I did the Krebs thing way back when (hence the screen name). I still have a shotgun, but the KTR and others have been sold off. I spent the money and waited the time - a LONG TIME - but that was before the days of good quality AK rails, sights, and after market doodads.. I would struggle to justify the price now days. Maybe if you are doing an SBR or something more complex, but for a basic AK, I'd get an Arsenal and take the extra money and buy mags and 8M3.

D
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    I'm an AK collecting whore, but I have to say that I think that for the money you'd spend on a Krebs ak or a Rifle Dynamics ak, there are better options. Arsenal does have the best configuration options, but their quality is sub par. If I was going to buy my first ak and it had to be something that's currently available new, I'd probably go with a IWI Galil Ace. If I was open to AK's that are not available new, I'd probably try to hunt down a Chinese or Hungarian AK. The days of the AK being the best value are past. Of course it's not always about the money.

Feedback Score
    It is my first ak. I just want one really reliable and I like the features of the krebs. Does anyone know if childers receivers are just as good as morrisseys?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    It is my first ak. I just want one really reliable and I like the features of the krebs. Does anyone know if childers receivers are just as good as morrisseys?
    Childers receivers are top shelf.

You don't need to spend Krebs or RD money to get a reliable rifle but if that's what you want go for it. If I were new to the AK game, I'd start with a WASR or SLR 107 and build it from there.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I want to get the krebs but I had someone tell me they arent reliable with hp ammo. Any truth to that?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    Yeah I want to get the krebs but I had someone tell me they arent reliable with hp ammo. Any truth to that?
    I've never heard that. That person is either full of shit or got a bad one.

Feedback Score
    Okay sweet, I thought it might have to do with it having a shorter barrel 14.5 and having feeding issues cause of the pressures.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast