Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: Military Weapons Trial, only the Kalashnikov AK 103 finishes the torture tests.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I don't need an AK, if it gets that bad I'll just collect them from the dead.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Here's a pic someone posted on Arfcom, that's a Type 1 AK-47 made in the late 1940's- still running some six or so decades later.
    Attachment 54550
    Yeah, it's "In use" but that doesn't mean it would remotely pass any accuracy or even reliability tests just because some Haj is dragging it around to make a buck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I don't need an AK, if it gets that bad I'll just collect them from the dead.
    You should round out your collection and pick up a couple of AK's.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yeah, it's "In use" but that doesn't mean it would remotely pass any accuracy or even reliability tests just because some Haj is dragging it around to make a buck.
    It's an AK so it's already reliable as long as it's functional of course. Accuracy, well they'll still hit a man sized target at 300 meters even with 50K rounds down the pipe. At least the Polish guns will according to one of my friends whose been to the Radom factory who claims they can still hold 4-5MOA after that many rounds with their test rifles. I imagine the same would be true for Russian rifles. Here's one that was rusted up after being buried for 18 years- a little oil, runs like new.

Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 11-16-18 at 00:35.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    But I thought AKs never malfunction in battle.

https://www.gerillatv.net/watch.php?...fd&jwsource=cl

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-18-18 at 16:37.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    But I thought AKs never malfunction in battle.

https://www.gerillatv.net/watch.php?...fd&jwsource=cl

There was a vid that went viral a few years back of a British PMC fighting (iirc Daesh) who was videoing a gunfight where his AK experienced a stuck case in the chamber. I forget the outcome, but remember him cursing and using a multi-tool to try rectify the problem during the fire fight.

I've read a post by Kyle Defoor about how he keeps a cleaning rod attached to his AR's for this very reason.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Hello everyone!

I know I am a little bit late to the party, but still... I participated in trials described in the first post of the article as a representative of one of the manufacturers. About 8 months from start to finish. I know John Kennedy, who wrote the article in the first post - great guy and true professional, it was a pleasure working alongside him.

I guess I can answer some questions, but obviosly I have a few NDAs I signed, so I wouldn't be able to answer every question.
    Last edited by Vlad; 12-14-18 at 09:57.

Feedback Score
    I have a question. Everyone claims the only reason the AK variant passed all stages while the other weapons failed was because the test was rigged. Did you notice anything in particular that would indicate that there was bias in the testing procedures? Or was the bias simply that the testing wasn't sensitive enough to the weapons that are known to not be able to function in say an over the beach type test?

Thanks,

M
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-14-18 at 23:20.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    PTMcCain, arriving.

Feedback Score
    This particular debate could go on for decades. ALWAYS REMEMBER, ALL WEAPONS MALFUNCTION from time to time ! This is the reason we train to understand the various types of malfunctions, & learn / practice clearing each one. A firearm is a machine, & ALL machines will malfunction from time to time. I guess the REAL QUESTION is which model / design tends to malfunction the least. But to actually seek out one that is malfunction free would be an exercise in futility, IMHO. Honestly though, based upon decades of real world use & mis-use, it does appear that one of the East European mfg'd AKM's may be your best choice, if you can live with it's relative lack of 'pinpoint ' accuracy. An DNT it isn't, but should suffice for approximately 90% of the scenarios to be found on a modern battlefield. ( Again, that's in my opinion. ) O.K., let the debate continue !!

Best, dpast32
    Last edited by dpast32; 12-16-18 at 07:56.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast