Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Military Weapons Trial, only the Kalashnikov AK 103 finishes the torture tests.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    IIRC his last video on the DDM4v11 was the "5K round Love and Hate" video. He had a couple of issues with the FCG for some reason that he never figured out where the hammer did not reset and thinks that after his drop tests the DD SLiM Rail 15.0 handguard shifted. Other than that he digs it and praised it's LW barrel.

It basically failed a drop test component wise, the trigger group crapped out, and he said it was sluggish in the colder temps which wasn't even below zero. Plus being a DI AR, it still can't pass a proper over the beach test so I give it a solid- "mediocre". I figure we'll end up with German 416's before long anyway.

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 09-28-18 at 16:37.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    1st. The component failure would be exclusive to that rail.

2nd. Failure in the trigger could just as easily happen to an AK.

3rd. Military issues the ammunition across the board and the firearms are tested at -40° F/C with this Ammunition in mind. Low pressure ammunition use in cold environments is a known issue but one that only effects law enforcement and the general citizenry. There is no modern day "battlefield pickup." At the most rare of circumstances you have 1 or 2 imbeds using perdium purchased local kit for the sole purpose of blending in not because it is the best but it is what they have to do. The OTB metric is the dumbest metric to make a service wide change for.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    1st. The component failure would be exclusive to that rail.
    Agreed.

With that said, there have been ramblings that the KeyMod cut outs weaken handguards compared to having MIL-STD-1913 rails. I also believe the rail that failed his test was not one of DD's "mil-spec" rails that have passed Crane testing. IMHO their SLiM rail series are commercial grade.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Well DD does have a RIS II (¿or is it III?) that has the 4:2 bolt orientation in a M-Lok configuration. While they are not in hands of the general public yet it will be cool to see what kind of weight savings are granted.

The hyperbole on both sides of the rifle debate really boils down to the same level as partisan politics, Coke vs. Pepsi, Ford vs. Chevy, and individual pro/college sports teams.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well DD does have a RIS II (¿or is it III?) that has the 4:2 bolt orientation in a M-Lok configuration. While they are not in hands of the general public yet it will be cool to see what kind of weight savings are granted.
    I have not read of any ramblings that M-Lok slots weaken the overall strength of a RIS. I've only heard of the KeyMod ones and have no idea if they are just internet rumor or legit.

The hyperbole on both sides of the rifle debate really boils down to the same level as partisan politics, Coke vs. Pepsi, Ford vs. Chevy, and individual pro/college sports teams.
    Yup.

@ 3:54 sums up my thoughts on the subject matter.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

Yup.

@ 3:54 sums up my thoughts on the subject matter.

I agree, that the only thing that matters is the skill of the person using the weapon. It's just a mechanical device and one shouldn't form an emotional attachment. However for now I do have my Colt AR's, my AUG's, and my 106's. Just hoping someone combines all the best attributes from each type of weapon into one modern rifle.

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 09-29-18 at 07:52.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Is anyone getting tired of the AR winning? The AR wins so much you may even get tired of it winning. And you’ll say, “Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.” And I’ll say, “No, it isn’t!”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Is anyone getting tired of the AR winning? The AR wins so much you may even get tired of it winning. And you’ll say, “Please, please. It’s too much winning. We can’t take it anymore. Mr. President, it’s too much.” And I’ll say, “No, it isn’t!”
    #WINNING

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    But what if I need to go into combat, but I'm going to be hungry, so I need to bring a ham sandwich, but I don't want to bring excessive LBE, so I throw my sandwich in my rifle, and then I get ambushed, so I have to shoot the rifle with the sandwich in it!? Will the AR-15 still work then?

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

The AK can pass a swamp test.

Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 10-20-18 at 02:39.

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast