Thread: Military Weapons Trial, only the Kalashnikov AK 103 finishes the torture tests.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    If it doesn't matter to you, why did you create this thread? It seems you do care, which is fine.

In my experience, the AK has a slight edge in reliability and durability over other designs. In my experience other designs have a slight edge in accuracy and ergos. Either one can be used effectively by a trained individual.

In my opinion, the Pakistani test was about as valid of a data point as MACs torture tests, but it a data point. I read the article, and from my understanding, they didn't test an ar15, but an ar10. Most ar10's, as well as most modern 308 gas guns, are built to fulfill a dmr role, not a battle rifle role, with the exception of the scar. So my guess is tests like tgese were not a huge conver when designing them. These tests are at about the bottom of my concerns when choosing a rifle, and it seems most else agree.

For anyone who is concerned, there is the AK. I imagine the amount of people/agencies, that are concerned with such tests, must be small enough, that large manufacturers are not concerned with engineerin and producing such a weapon.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jesuvuah; 08-17-18 at 16:17.