G&R Tactical
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Military Weapons Trial, only the Kalashnikov AK 103 finishes the torture tests.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't need an AK, if it gets that bad I'll just collect them from the dead.
    - Rhino

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Here's a pic someone posted on Arfcom, that's a Type 1 AK-47 made in the late 1940's- still running some six or so decades later.
    Attachment 54550
    Yeah, it's "In use" but that doesn't mean it would remotely pass any accuracy or even reliability tests just because some Haj is dragging it around to make a buck.
    - Rhino

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I don't need an AK, if it gets that bad I'll just collect them from the dead.
    You should round out your collection and pick up a couple of AK's.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yeah, it's "In use" but that doesn't mean it would remotely pass any accuracy or even reliability tests just because some Haj is dragging it around to make a buck.
    It's an AK so it's already reliable as long as it's functional of course. Accuracy, well they'll still hit a man sized target at 300 meters even with 50K rounds down the pipe. At least the Polish guns will according to one of my friends whose been to the Radom factory who claims they can still hold 4-5MOA after that many rounds with their test rifles. I imagine the same would be true for Russian rifles. Here's one that was rusted up after being buried for 18 years- a little oil, runs like new.

Last edited by 7n6; 11-16-18 at 01:35.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    But I thought AKs never malfunction in battle.

https://www.gerillatv.net/watch.php?...fd&jwsource=cl

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

I've experienced a handful of malfunctions with AK's over the past couple decades. If I could only have one? A quality AKM.

7n6

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post

There was a vid that went viral a few years back of a British PMC fighting (iirc Daesh) who was videoing a gunfight where his AK experienced a stuck case in the chamber. I forget the outcome, but remember him cursing and using a multi-tool to try rectify the problem during the fire fight.

I've read a post by Kyle Defoor about how he keeps a cleaning rod attached to his AR's for this very reason.
    "If gun owners defy Assault Weapons ban, the government has nukes." Eric Swalwell D-CA

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142