Thread: Military Weapons Trial, only the Kalashnikov AK 103 finishes the torture tests.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Okay, let me get a couple things here clear. First, the test was for 7.62 guns from the article. At which point my general shits given kind of goes the way of the dodo and a 7.62X51 platform verse an 7.62X39 Ak is not two platforms I would generally be comparing, two different missions there. An AR15 was not tested, AR10s were and various other 7.62 rifles. So the whole, "Aks are great and beat ARs." derp is rendered irrelevant in my opinion since one is running an intermediate round, the other a full blown rifle round. The fact that the author pretty much just strokes the AK's cock and makes it like AR15s suck I would be inclined to question his integrity as a writer or journalist as well, more so since caliber is referenced at most like 3 times in my reading there, and never that it wasn't a 5.56 rifle.

My take? There is nothing I see here that isn't a 3rd world shit hole testing and deciding on the weapon that their average solider would be least likely to **** up.

I don't think they were just 308 or 7.62x39 rifles. Looking at the photos, CZ had their 5.56 Bren, Beretta had the ARX 100 in 5.56. Steyr was invited but they only make the AUG which is in 5.56. They mention several manufacturers including SIG, Zastava, some Chinese AK's that were tested and a host of others. Also mentioned the others just submitted their testing independently but I guess that wasn't good enough for them and they wanted a more live fire demonstration. However not sure who brought which rifles and maybe somebody can discern more from the photos- only that the author's company trialed a 308 AR style rifle. They basically dropped the rifles directly into the muddy marsh on their first "pluff" mud test and then later just dug a hole then filled with water for their second mud test as seen in the photos. Not really scientific I guess. Interesting results none the less.

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-05-18 at 23:04.