Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Military Weapons Trial, only the Kalashnikov AK 103 finishes the torture tests.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I have a question. Everyone claims the only reason the AK variant passed all stages while the other weapons failed was because the test was rigged. Did you notice anything in particular that would indicate that there was bias in the testing procedures? Or was the bias simply that the testing wasn't sensitive enough to the weapons that are known to not be able to function in say an over the beach type test?

Thanks,

M
    Who claims that? People who haven't been there.

If I start to give you my opinions on SCAR program, what would be the value of my opinion? Close to zero, because I have no first-hand knowledge about how those trials went down. Should you care about my opinion on SCAR program? Probably not. Should you care about random people claiming that Pakistani trials were rigged?

Surprisingly, Pakistanis were very professional, something than no one really expected, especially since most guys at the trials (company representatives) previously worked in India and expected the same mess. Trials were conducted very well.

As for AK reliability. I have the entire thing described in the article on the video.

The reality is - there were multiple mud/sand tests carried out by different departments in different parts of the country. I know of at least three. Results were also quite different, depending on the type of mud used. AK wasn't always the only rifle that worked. But at least once nothing else worked except the AK.

I was honestly surprised to see that SCAR-H didn't work. In my experience, it is a VERY reliable weapon.
    Last edited by Vlad; 12-15-18 at 12:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    The Russians likely opened up the gas port to pass the testing. Russians are shifty as **** but their weapon passed. Own a few or more, they work.

7n6
    I am sorry, but you can't even imagine how wrong you are with that particular theory.

Feedback Score
    Surprised this hasn't made it here yet. Fact bomb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuyI9negPm4

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    Surprised this hasn't made it here yet. Fact bomb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuyI9negPm4
    It is only proper to add this " " smiley when posting that video.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Vladimir Onokoy, is that you?

If you are associated with a manufacturer, you need to have that attributed in your signature line.

Just so everyone knows who might have a vested interest in things.

Welcome!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Who claims that? People who haven't been there.

If I start to give you my opinions on SCAR program, what would be the value of my opinion? Close to zero, because I have no first-hand knowledge about how those trials went down. Should you care about my opinion on SCAR program? Probably not. Should you care about random people claiming that Pakistani trials were rigged?

Surprisingly, Pakistanis were very professional, something than no one really expected, especially since most guys at the trials (company representatives) previously worked in India and expected the same mess. Trials were conducted very well.

As for AK reliability. I have the entire thing described in the article on the video.

The reality is - there were multiple mud/sand tests carried out by different departments in different parts of the country. I know of at least three. Results were also quite different, depending on the type of mud used. AK wasn't always the only rifle that worked. But at least once nothing else worked except the AK.

I was honestly surprised to see that SCAR-H didn't work. In my experience, it is a VERY reliable weapon.

For some reason the videos aren't playing on the link that you posted earlier. Thank you also for clarifying the tests were not rigged and conducted professionally as well as the gas ports not being opened up on the Russian AK variants. I'm personally not surprised by the results overall.

Thanks,

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-15-18 at 17:03.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The only test that matters... RIP Carnik Con
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xnb...C0WDIk_uuyT1c-
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    The only test that matters... RIP Carnik Con
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xnb...C0WDIk_uuyT1c-
    End thread/
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Anyway, back to the topic and discussion of the test results.

Wanted to also post this link below however this wesbite won't allow the option to allowing to leave the link cold. It goes into some mechanical aspects of the AK design that specifically give it edge in reliability over other weapon systems. While in this thread we discussed the known parts of the weapon's base engineering to have a long stroke piston and greater clearances for debris do help with reliability. However there are additional design elements that show that the AK was fairly revolutionary for it's time- even by today's standards as well.

https://www.longislandgunclub.com/fo...e-in-the-world

As follows, these specific design elements supersede even some of the most modern weapons found today;

1. Operating mechanism design: Anti-pre engagement, (bolt carrier) mass ratio.
    - Essentially bolt will not close until locked into battery unlike most modern weapon systems which create friction from the bolt attempting to close prior to being fully locked. In addition having extra carrier to weight ratio to overcome debris.

2. Magazine and feedway design.
    -Continuous curve magazine, with feeding nearly directly into the chamber.

3. Ammunition and chamber design.
    -Angle case walls to assist with extraction, extra thick case rim to assist with extraction, generous shoulder tolerances nearly twice of anything design for NATO specs along with lower pressure rounds.

4. Spring design.
    -Superior spring design with nearly 40% more spring length to assist with feeding over many NATO spec designs that greatly reduces overall spring fatigue.

5. Fire control group design.
    -Heavy duty fire control components with ample room around those critical areas for debris.

6. The Details.
    -Nearly every aspect was designed to specifically function in extreme cold weather temperatures.

A video explaining Anti-pre engagement.

7n6
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-25-18 at 16:04.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243