Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Military Weapons Trial, only the Kalashnikov AK 103 finishes the torture tests.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcard600 View Post
    And you infer this from a single 5 word post in a ten page thread how ?

LOL.
    This isn't general discussion.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    And you infer this from a single 5 word post in a ten page thread how ?
    Take a guess.
    This thread is still going ?

"Do you need to be told that even such modest attainments as you boast of in the way of polite society will hardly survive the Faith to which they owe their significance?"
    T.S. Eliot, Choruses from the Rock

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    That’s like saying we need a weapon to pass trials on the moon.

We’re not on the moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And when AK's pass the moon trials, 7n6 will make a thread about it.

Honestly I have never understood the "M4 isnt realiable enough for me!!!" crowd. Really, the people that brag about how many thousands of rounds a weapon can go without cleaning probably havent ever been down range. I used to clean my M4, M2 and M9 every 72 hours whether they got used or not. Whipe down and re lube. Why? Because in Parwan providence afghanistan I thought of my weapons as a life support system. And the afgan's did too. It was VERY common to see guys just after 0430 prayer disassemble and clean the AK before they got the day started. Most of these guys cleaning their AK's probably didnt even have one full magazine, so you know they were not planning on shooting 2k rounds that day.

I just find it bizzare that someone would want to brag 'I have less discipline and planning than an Afghan!!! I need a weapon that was made for small brains.'
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

Honestly I have never understood the "M4 isnt realiable enough for me!!!" crowd. Really, the people that brag about how many thousands of rounds a weapon can go without cleaning probably havent ever been down range. I used to clean my M4, M2 and M9 every 72 hours whether they got used or not. Whipe down and re lube. Why? Because in Parwan providence afghanistan I thought of my weapons as a life support system. And the afgan's did too. It was VERY common to see guys just after 0430 prayer disassemble and clean the AK before they got the day started. Most of these guys cleaning their AK's probably didnt even have one full magazine, so you know they were not planning on shooting 2k rounds that day.

I just find it bizzare that someone would want to brag 'I have less discipline and planning than an Afghan!!! I need a weapon that was made for small brains.'

Survivalist/post apocalyptic fantasy.
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    When I see the AR v. AK debate, this is how it always boils down:

AR guys on the AR: It's a lightweight, accurate, ergonomic, versatile weapon that is reliable enough for combat and the choice of the world's most powerful military force, as well as elite special operations units all over the world.

AR guys on the AK: It is a clunky, obsolete, Cold War relic that couldn't hit water if you shot it in the ocean; great for illiterate peasant cannon fodder armies and irregular forces, but not REAL soldiers.

AK guys on the AK: It's a tough as nails, workhorse of a rifle that is accurate enough for combat and is the choice of anyone who wants a rifle that they can guarantee will work anytime, anywhere, and under any condition.

AK guys on the AR: It's an overpriced, over complicated piece of plastic that jams if you even whisper the word "dirt", good only for the range or looking cool in movie posters, but not a combat rifle.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    When I see the AR v. AK debate, this is how it always boils down:

AR guys on the AR: It's a lightweight, accurate, ergonomic, versatile weapon that is reliable enough for combat and the choice of the world's most powerful military force, as well as elite special operations units all over the world.

AR guys on the AK: It is a clunky, obsolete, Cold War relic that couldn't hit water if you shot it in the ocean; great for illiterate peasant cannon fodder armies and irregular forces, but not REAL soldiers.

AK guys on the AK: It's a tough as nails, workhorse of a rifle that is accurate enough for combat and is the choice of anyone who wants a rifle that they can guarantee will work anytime, anywhere, and under any condition.

AK guys on the AR: It's an overpriced, over complicated piece of plastic that jams if you even whisper the word "dirt", good only for the range or looking cool in movie posters, but not a combat rifle.

I'm not a hater, I own and enjoy both . . .

Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 11-13-18 at 20:28.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I'm not a hater, I own and enjoy both . . .

what if you only use an ak, but identify as an ar user?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    what if you only use an ak, but identify as an ar user?
    I'll take "What is a tranny" Alex for $1,000.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

The AR is a great weapon for well supported troops shooting brand new brass cased ammo. The AR however still can't pass most of these extreme environmental tests and it definitely doesn't like to run dirty with under powered ammo. Most people like AR's because they are easy to use, accurate, have nice ergos- I get all that, I have half a dozen AR's myself and I do like them quite a bit. AR's however require a balance with the gas system design rather than running straight up over gassed like the AK. The AK is still probably the best overall rifle for what it was designed for which is arctic trench warfare- arguably the harshest condition of warfare on the planet. So while I'm not saying go all AK for your SHTF rifle needs- at least own a few to familiarize yourself with them.

Here's a pic someone posted on Arfcom, that's a Type 1 AK-47 made in the late 1940's- still running some six or so decades later.
    Russiantype1-1.jpg

M
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 11-15-18 at 15:51.

Feedback Score
    What is the pressure range of 223/556
    What is the pressure range of 7.62x39?

Ak definately has more room for error with overgassing since the system is so heavy, you dont get the excessive bolt speeds you see with ARs.

Theres people still rocking m16s in vietnam too... and the air is not dry there. The ak has 20 years on the AR, so no suprise youll find older ones in action.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 11-15-18 at 18:28.

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast