Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Air travel incident

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Air travel incident

While flying to Ft Bliss after a Qatar deployment, our plane suffered a hard landing in New Hampshire, http://aviation-safety.net/database/...?id=20180727-1 I was seated just behind 1st class and just a few rows in front of where the fuselage buckled. What say the experts on the forces experienced causing that level of damage? Still waiting on checked baggage to get released pending completion of the investigation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, I hope everyone is OK. Were you or any other passengers injured?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No injuries, maybe some soreness but that could just be from being stuck in various planes for about 24 hours.

When it happened I thought we had blown a tire or something like that but then we saw the outside of the plane.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Who KNEW you could land a 767 in NH!!!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm glad that you, and all the other soldiers, are OK.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Glad you’re on the up and up. I do find it funny that they have photos from US Army WTF moments.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad you are home okay.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We were supposed to leave Qatar on the 25th, and get to Ft Bliss early on the 26th, we didn’t end up leaving Qatar until the 26th and didn’t get to Bliss until the 28th. Between being the NCOIC for the group and getting old and not being able to sleep on planes anymore, the only sleep I got between the 26th morning (Qatar time) and night time on the 28th (mountain time) was four hours of sleep on the 27th in Indiana at a hotel outside of an Air Force base.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Who KNEW you could land a 767 in NH!!!
    From the incident report, it sounds like it was a charter flight? FRA-PSM isn't something you see on the sandwich board signs often.

Why land in NH? It looks like the ER versions, which this seems to be one, would be able to do the Frankfurt-El Paso leg. Unless you guys were really heavy? Or this was a really tired older version of the 767.

I have only flown on 767s a few times. I know the longer versions of the 737 have issues because they can drag the tail on rough landings and take offs.

I just watch the faces on the flight attendants. They aren't as concerned about not showing that something is up anymore. You can see in their faces when something aint kosher.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would say we were pretty heavy, almost every seat was filled, most had weapons and not all bags were able to fit in the belly of the plane.

The folks at Pease were super nice and had tons of coffee and snacks for us.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast