Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Robo-call the robo callers

Feedback Score
    Sadly I use my cell phone for work and have a 7 state region. I get all kinds of weird numbers calling me that are legit work stuff. On the robo calls I usually just answer and lay the phone down until they finally hang up. Other times I'll push 1 for a live person and then string them along for fun. But I sooooo wish there was a free option to stop them. I use to register every number that called me on the national do not call registry web site but I don't think that worked...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’m tired of Heather from account services, and the guy asking me if Raquel is there.... Oh and that pre approved $250 loan...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just start speaking Spanish in an old man voice with bad hearing "Bueno, bueno, quien habla, no comprendo".
    Last edited by RioGrandeGreen; 08-03-18 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HMM View Post
    Sadly I use my cell phone for work and have a 7 state region. I get all kinds of weird numbers calling me that are legit work stuff. On the robo calls I usually just answer and lay the phone down until they finally hang up. Other times I'll push 1 for a live person and then string them along for fun. But I sooooo wish there was a free option to stop them. I use to register every number that called me on the national do not call registry web site but I don't think that worked...
    Yeah, if only there was a secret keypunch sequence that would deliver an extremely painful but harmless electric shock to the caller.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Oh, yes this. I had a guy call me and tell me I'd won the publishers clearing house. I played along.

The scam was I had to pay for the secure delivery of the funds before they could have my presentation. I told him no problem, how much did I need. He asked if I had a bank, I said yes, he told me I'd need 750.00 to ensure (or insure, I don't which he meant) the delivery.

I told him sure, I've got that much in the safe. I told him I'm going to open the safe. Meanwhile I'm motioning to my wife and telling her 'Hey honey, we won the publisher's clearing house, again!' (I said again because my wife really won a smaller cash prize several years ago). She's onto it and goes all exuberant while I hold the phone.

Then I tell the guy that I am opening the safe and set the phone down so he could probably hear me jacking with the dials. I pick up a random pistol, and hold it by the phone while I slam a mag home, and cycle the action. I then tell the guy I'm ready and that I have the cash and my gun to protect the cash, what's next? We finally settle on Dillon's to get the money order and he admonishes me not to 'brandish' my gun in Dillon's.

So he's staying with me on the phone and I actually go out to the truck, stop and shout at my neighbor about my good fortune, start the truck and actually drive off. I can just imagine this guy's woody getting bigger as we approach his payday. I pull over and say well, here we are at Dillon's, what do you want me to do with the money order after I get it? He tells me he'll give me an address to send the money to.

That is when I told him, well this has been amusing, just how ****ing stupid do you think I am, you silly SOB? (cleaned it up but you get the idea). He's still playing, offering me reassurances that it is for real, I once again ask him how stupid doe he think I am in rather coarse terms where upon he puts on his supervisor. I treated his supervisor to the same verbal harangue and hung up.

A good time was had by all.
    I did something similar a few weeks ago, got him to hang up on me after I told him I'd just wasted 10min of his time that he could've used to scam someone else, with lots of cussing & insulting.

Good times, good times indeed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I usually tell them about my STD’s that I got from relations with their mothers, sisters, wives, or daughters.

Not very creative I know, but satisfying nonetheless.
    I'm using this next time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234