Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vasper, a breakthrough in fitness?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Workout harder?
    I will take smarter over harder every time personally. Here's

Capt. Tom Chaby, Director, U.S. Special Operations Command, Preservation of the Force & Family:

Last edited by WillBrink; 08-03-18 at 11:55.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    Interesting. Although I like breaking a sweat when I work out. I hate it when the gym I go to has the fans on. I'm trying to sweat and they are blowing air on me. Good way to get sick and I hate being sick.

Also you gotta look at how cost effective this machine will be. I don't imagine they are going to be cheap.
    Lol wut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

This is the gayest thing I’ve seen all week. It makes my soul cry that our government is wasting money on this abomination.... kind of reminds me of this...

Want to increase performance and recover? Squat, push a sled and hit the rower.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    This is the gayest thing I’ve seen all week. It makes my soul cry that our government is wasting money on this abomination.... kind of reminds me of this...
    Want to increase performance and recover? Squat, push a sled and hit the rower.
    You're well out of your lane and I suspect have done exactly zero research on this topic. Disappointing.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I will take smarter over harder every time personally. Here's

Capt. Tom Chaby, Director, U.S. Special Operations Command, Preservation of the Force & Family:

A lot of SEAL leadership in his age group are still all about endurance training. That doesn’t mean he’s right. Now SEALs are starting to understand the importance of strength training specifically with barbells (squat, deadlift, press, etc..) over stuff like this guy is pimping. I’m sorry but this machine looks like a huge waste of tax dollars. I’d rather squat and deadlift.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    You're well out of your lane and I suspect have done exactly zero research on this topic. Disappointing.
    I don’t have to take a bite out of a shit sandwich to know it tastes like crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    So how much does a Vasper cost?

I think I saw something similar years ago in those magazines you read on airplanes.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperfrog View Post
    A lot of SEAL leadership in his age group are still all about endurance training. That doesn’t mean he’s right. Now SEALs are starting to understand the importance of strength training specifically with barbells (squat, deadlift, press, etc..) over stuff like this guy is pimping. I’m sorry but this machine looks like a huge waste of tax dollars. I’d rather squat and deadlift.
    Why can't you do both? Is anyone proposing that as a replacement for RT work? What are the physiological effects of that machine on T, IGF-1, and cortisol compared to RT? What applications does such a machine have for rehab and or recoup that may increase the operational longevity of the war fighter or athlete? Are the physiological/hormonal effects of that machine (assuming the third party data they are mostly relying on holds water) similar to that of a RT or endurance work?
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-06-18 at 08:36.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I don’t have to take a bite out of a shit sandwich to know it tastes like crap.
    That translates into "I don't have to know anything about it or do any research on it to form an opinion on it." I thought we did better then that here. You don't what you don't know.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    So how much does a Vasper cost?

I think I saw something similar years ago in those magazines you read on airplanes.
    I don't know what the cost is. Do you mean to own one or use one? I suspect they are big $, and for now, found in rehab places, sports teams, clinics, mil etc. either using it or researching it. Some exercise facilities have them, such as the one I went to close by me. Here's a vid I like because it covers a wide range of people, pro athlete who uses it before RT sessions, 131st Rescue Squadron, and NASA:

Last edited by WillBrink; 08-06-18 at 08:50.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12