Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arrested for having ammo & firearm in vehicle on Federal Property ??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

arrested for having ammo & firearm in vehicle on Federal Property ??

Guy consented to vehicle search and was arrested for having firearm & ammo secured in his vehicle on Federal Property.

My question, why is it illegal to have firearm & ammo secured in your vehicle on Federal Property? Is is legal for CCWing on Federal Parks. Realize the Capital is sacred, but the firearm was secured in a park vehicle.

Police say man who had weapons, ammo in vehicle near Capitol arrested

https://wtop.com/dc/2018/08/police-s...itol-arrested/

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Guy consented to vehicle search and was arrested for having firearm & ammo secured in his vehicle on Federal Property.

My question, why is it illegal to have firearm & ammo secured in your vehicle on Federal Property? Is is legal for CCWing on Federal Parks. Realize the Capital is sacred, but the firearm was secured in a park vehicle.

You can see in Federal Parks pursuant to local laws, but you cannot carry into federal buildings on national parks.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I love how fast they're willing to drop the T'ist word on a an innocent dude.

Sucks, laws are laws. Thankfully my state is pretty clear about carrying: "Anywhere public." And thus it's hard for them to say: You can't carry in our Capitol.

Yes, we can, it's a public place.

It took a very long time to get that updated within our own State Laws.

ETA: Of course, Feds supersede that. It's not like I can carry in our Federal Courthouse Downtown in my City. But, with notifying the County, through Certified Mail, I can walk into our County Courthouse (literally across the street from the Fed Courts) without any issue.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 08-02-18 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post

"near Capitol" is not the same thing as "on Federal Property".

Guns are still highly restricted in DC, so expect to get arrested if you do not meet one of the rare exceptions, especially if you were dumb enough to leave them in plain view.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    "near Capitol" is not the same thing as "on Federal Property".

Guns are still highly restricted in DC, so expect to get arrested if you do not meet one of the rare exceptions, especially if you were dumb enough to leave them in plain view.
    This. D.C. regulations are strict. No rightfully so, but strict none the less. https://mpdc.dc.gov/page/firearm-reg...ts-study-guide

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

arrested for having ammo & firearm in vehicle on Federal Property ??

Wonder what other items were found. Odd that they shut down nearby streets for a guy consenting to a search.

DC regulations suck donkey balls. This is the same as taking a gun to NYC or other liberal crap hole and then being surprised that you get into trouble. It stinks, but reality does that at times. If you truly want/need to go there I’d advise going unarmed. Leave guns in gun friendly locales. Or don’t patronize places with your hard earned $$ that restrict your rights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Wonder what other items were found. Odd that they shut down nearby streets for a guy consenting to a search.

DC regulations suck donkey balls. This is the same as taking a gun to NYC or other liberal crap hole and then being surprised that you get into trouble. It stinks, but reality does that at times. If you truly want/need to go there I’d advise going unarmed. Leave guns in gun friendly locales. Or don’t patronize places with your hard earned $$ that restrict your rights.
    I have friends working on Louisiana Ave and they said, you wouldn't believe the number of LEO's responding. Was very entertaining for the workers of the building.

Understand their regulations "suck donkey balls" (couldn't have expressed it better), it still is unbelievable that with consent, they still charged him. News stated they were locked & secured in his vehicle. Two terms used on local news: crossed state lines with unregistered firearms, not sure what that means.
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 08-02-18 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    “Unregistered” is usually what accompanies any gun charge in DC. Unregistered ammo. Unregistered guns. Which is nearly impossible to register in DC. Most definitely so if you’re from a state.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    300 block New Jersey Ave is a full 2 (large) city blocks from the Capitol.

Sounds like normal DC insanity, and makes you wonder how the guy left it in sight that an officer could see.

Unless he consented to a search and then the officer found it, but that's not how the article reads.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It’s also about two blocks from USCP’s HQ.

USCP has a very wide swath of ground it covers, its not just the grounds of the Capitol and office buildings.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast