G&R Tactical
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Spike's Tactical?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    No argument here but many people just don't know or care (or both). Personally I have zero experience with Stag Arms, but they apparently have some sort of warranty which will replace for free any barrel that gets shot out. Of course, that probably won't apply to very many people.
    That's why I buy solgw, they will replace a gun if it gets taken, destroyed or what have you.

They say it's impossible to void a solgw rifle warranty

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Different type of person posting over there. Primary posters here tend to be a bit more professional with their weapon knowledge. Here is another way to put it, if you had to have a weapon assembled at random for real world use, would you rather have an unknown from arfcom, or an unknown from m4c assemble it?
    This post makes me laugh. Probably one of the most unintelligible things I've seen you write over the years actually. Several pages back we have a poster that didn't install the D-Spring or follow simple instructions on his G2S trigger, so that argument sort of flies out the window.

Anyhow, as far as Spike's is concerned, I have a rifle that I put together using all Spike's parts. A standard Spider lower, their LPK(with a G2S including the D-Spring), their receiver extension kit. The upper was a complete mid-length 14.5" lightweight from Aim Surplus purchased back around 2011 or so. Thus far the gun has roughly around 4500+ rounds on it, and has been through two carbine classes, one of which was an John McPhee class in Uniontown, PA in 2017. Zero issues. P-Mags all drop free from Gen 1 to M3. However, I have went back to using USGI Magazines as a standard personally. The rifle in question has been fed a steady diet of mostly 55gr Wolf MC, Federal M193 and Federal M855.

Accuracy is acceptable, I feel that it could group a little tighter, but when you're shooting 3 MOA ammo, it's what you're going to get. I've never shot any premium ammo through it. I should.

The overall quality of the parts appear to be nice. The Bolt is MPI/HPT marked. The staking is nice, the gas key and the carrier are chrome lined. The FSB has taper pins and the over-all measure of quality appears to be present. When I assembled the lower, Spike's LPK was of a high quality, no issues with assembly. Years back on TOS Tom posted documents showing their spec sheets on parts, but they have since disappeared. I own rifles from BCM, Colt, Noveske and of course the above mentioned Spike's, and I favor the BCM. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the Spike's if I had to. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My build on a spikes crusader lower, only 500r so far, no issues and accurate as hell.
    I do have a rest now so I can dial it in farther.
    Just need the rain to stop so my range can dry out.

http://imgur.com/a/brdGmoX

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EHilderbrand View Post
    This post makes me laugh. Probably one of the most unintelligible things I've seen you write over the years actually. Several pages back we have a poster that didn't install the D-Spring or follow simple instructions on his G2S trigger, so that argument sort of flies out the window.
    Appreciate the unnecessary dig, I did blame the lower, but after I figured out my issue I corrected my statement. I'll make sure to contact you first before I post.

It was not me following simple instructions, if you want the back story as to why those weren't installed i can send you a message, but whatever.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny256 View Post
    Appreciate the unnecessary dig, I did blame the lower, but after I figured out my issue I corrected my statement. I'll make sure to contact you first before I post.

It was not me following simple instructions, if you want the back story as to why those weren't installed i can send you a message, but whatever.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    It wasn't a dig. It was just the perfect example to retort Stickman and it happened to be in the same thread. Everyone makes mistakes.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112