Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spike's Tactical?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Their tungsten powder buffers steered me away from anything they offer. But like RHINOSWO said, if it's just a funzy gun, it'll be fine.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Spike's rifles are good to go, especially for a range pinker. People bringing up their alleged actions from six years ago is kind of silly. It reminds me of folks who oppose Colt because their leadership at the time supported gun control back in the 90s.

The choice of an HBAR is kind of silly, though.

Feedback Score
    I have two Spikes uppers; a dedicated .22 and a 5.56mm with Adams Arms piston kit. Both are superb, and no issues with them.

Spikes does do good choices with their barrel selection. The .22 I have has a Lothar Walther barrel, which was an upgrade to the Green Mountain barrel (both are match)... and mine can shoot the nuts off of a fly. The 5.56mm was a stainless barrel, 1 in 8" twist, and Melonite coated. Accuracy for that one is also pretty good for a 16" AR barrel.

As said, BCM is another good source. I was going to get one for a lightweight AR build, until I changed and built a .45 on that lower (for those, I recommend Macon Armory out of Georgia). I am also going to be doing a FDE build, and I'm going to use Aero Precision for that... for their reviews and the fact that they are one of the few companies that offer complete FDE upper receivers.

As far as price raising, it is a capitalist society... supply and demand drives price up/down. I never saw Spikes raping customers... like a $500 stripped lower (standard DPMS, at that) that I saw in a local gun range at around that same time period.

Feedback Score
    I believe this is the rifle in question. Looks to be an unremarkable Plain-Jane, although it does feature a 1/7 twist barrel. I do like the retro look, though.

https://www.spikestactical.com/colle...nt=32734107788

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I believe this is the rifle in question. Looks to be an unremarkable Plain-Jane, although it does feature a 1/7 twist barrel. I do like the retro look, though.

https://www.spikestactical.com/colle...nt=32734107788
    Well, make sure he doesn't pay that much for it. Here it is for $822:
    https://www.gunsmidwest.com/spike-s-...to-20-blk.html

Some more deals:
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/STR5275-A2H

Feedback Score
    Nothing wrong with spikes parts. I’ve built 4 guns with spikes sets. I have two nickel boron bcg’s and a 14.5 chf LW barrel. My first bcg gave me some problems like double feeds because it wasn’t ejecting and spikes sent me a brand new bolt and zero problems 3 years later and probably 2000 rounds. My other BCG by them has had zero problems. The 14.5 barrel is a spikes branded FN barrel and it out shoots my noveske 16 chf barrel. I like the T2 buffers by them and have them in 3 guns so far. People don’t like their roll marks but I like some of them, they make me laugh. Their lpk’s are good to go also.

Feedback Score
    I have the Viking lower. Quality-wise everything seems fine. BCM LPK went in with no prob as did Geissele trigger. I will be switching it out eventually as I decided I don't care for the cartoony lower.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    Nothing wrong with spikes parts. I’ve built 4 guns with spikes sets. I have two nickel boron bcg’s and a 14.5 chf LW barrel. My first bcg gave me some problems like double feeds because it wasn’t ejecting and spikes sent me a brand new bolt and zero problems 3 years later and probably 2000 rounds. My other BCG by them has had zero problems. The 14.5 barrel is a spikes branded FN barrel and it out shoots my noveske 16 chf barrel. I like the T2 buffers by them and have them in 3 guns so far. People don’t like their roll marks but I like some of them, they make me laugh. Their lpk’s are good to go also.
    Generic anecdotal "just as good as..." stuff

I'll play: I've had dozens of bolts from companies other than spikes... Never had one fail. (DD, LMT, Colt, AA, toolcraft) Never had to do an exchange.

I don't think spikes is bad. It's just not "better" to justify a premium

Said another way, I've been consistently able to get better parts and weapons for the same money or less as Spikes.

Feedback Score
    I just built a 5.56 on a spikes upper/lower/enhanced lpk. The only thing I changed out was the trigger for a giessele. No complaints so far. Friend shoots a DD M4V(whatever the mlok one is) and they’re close.

With that being said my next build will be on an aero lower. Once you get to a certain point of quality all you’re paying for is a rollmark unless you get into the premium stuff. I have the spider logo. No colorful or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dud3r View Post
    With that being said my next build will be on an aero lower. Once you get to a certain point of quality all you’re paying for is a rollmark unless you get into the premium stuff. I have the spider logo. No colorful or anything.
    That's the same thing I'm doing. I'm going to try the M4E1 I got for a killer price.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast