Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Spike's Tactical?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Please stop. Yes, they were using some CHF barrels, just like many other companies. As for being MILSPEC, not so much.
    Ive had a hard time finding a spec difference between FN barrels. What am i missing?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In today's market there is little reason to buy a Spike's rifle. I own one that I got back in '09 or '10. It was around 800 or so I think, at the time Colt 6920s were around 1350 at my local dealer. I was just getting into shooting and at the time couldn't justify spending more on something that I didn't know I was going to use much (was starting to get into shooting with my dad).

If I was starting over again today I'd grab a 6920 or even one of the OEM Colts.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    A. Not talking about the barrel being or not being MILSPEC. There's a lot more to being MILSPEC than just a barrel. B. Military issues rifles and carbines do not use CHF barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    Ive had a hard time finding a spec difference between FN barrels. What am i missing?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    My thoughts on this subject echo those that said at this time in this market right now there is no reason to buy a Spikes when you could get better at same or cheaper price point. That wasn't always the case though.

There is a place for those "hobby grade" AR variants, for people who just want to go to the range to shoot and have fun. Really for most people thats what its all about. Whether you buy a Windham, Spikes, DPMS, Bushmaster, RRA, S&W, Stag or whatever.

I don't have any bias towards any of those brands, most of them work fine. I've owned a Bushmaster several years back and it was OK. I currently own a Stag which I'm happy with. I've got several home builds too which haven't had any issues either.

But my Colt or BCM are the ones I would grab for any bumps in the night. I guess I just trust them more knowing the quality Paul puts out in every BCM part made, the materials used etc., and how true to spec Colt is built.

Given the price points between the commercial grade and military grade variety are so close right now, there is absolutely no reason to buy the hobby grade AR.

Feedback Score
    I love spikes stuff. I got to visit their headquarters in fl and the guys and gals really put their heart and soul into every part they assemble and rifle they roll out. They have changed over the years from being a hobby esque brand to more of a l.e. Duty geared platform. They still use fn for their double thick chrome barrels. My spikes is staked properly everywhere and has not let me down in over a year of match use. Tucson is both stale as balls hot, and stupid chilly cold in the winter, windy dusty dirty and it runs just as good as my dd and sionics. They lost alot of seriousness points because of all their silly flavor of the month rollmarks, but hey im guilty of buyng them too, have a few silly lowers amd they just work. Life is short, so i enjoy the silly lowers at matches once in a while and heck ive even traded before, they are fun to show and tell and collect. But im not a combat vet or ex oporator by any means so theres no shame in me competing with their silly stuff but my overall experience has been 100% reliable, bcg is carp 158 hpt mpt, barrel is solid, cant really knock man i really cant. I actually have alot of respect for em, because lots of guys i introduce to the sport end up being able to get into the sport slowly on a budget and buy their lowers and uppers and barrels and start building as most shops around here carry spikes flavored lowers and spikes fn barrels almost prodominently by choice, and imo are a step up from anderson, bear creek, aero, and whoever. Almost everyone i shoot with has one of their lowers or the other and they are within spec afaik. So in my unprofessional never been to war opinion, they are good and not as bad as others make them out to be.
    Last edited by bobbytucson; 08-12-18 at 02:00.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    I love spikes stuff. I got to visit their headquarters in fl and the guys and gals really put their heart and soul into every part they assemble and rifle they roll out. They have changed over the years from being a hobby esque brand to more of a l.e. Duty geared platform. They still use fn for their double thick chrome barrels. My spikes is staked properly everywhere and has not let me down in over a year of match use. Tucson is both stale as balls hot, and stupid chilly cold in the winter, windy dusty dirty and it runs just as good as my dd and sionics. They lost alot of seriousness points because of all their silly flavor of the month rollmarks, but hey im guilty of buyng them too, have a few silly lowers amd they just work. Life is short, so i enjoy the silly lowers at matches once in a while and heck ive even traded before, they are fun to show and tell and collect. But im not a combat vet or ex oporator by any means so theres no shame in me competing with their silly stuff but my overall experience has been 100% reliable, bcg is carp 158 hpt mpt, barrel is solid, cant really knock man i really cant. I actually have alot of respect for em, because lots of guys i introduce to the sport end up being able to get into the sport slowly on a budget and buy their lowers and uppers and barrels and start building as most shops around here carry spikes flavored lowers and spikes fn barrels almost prodominently by choice, and imo are a step up from anderson, bear creek, aero, and whoever. Almost everyone i shoot with has one of their lowers or the other and they are within spec afaik. So in my unprofessional never been to war opinion, they are good and not as bad as others make them out to be.
    You do realize you have an excellent rifle builder local to you right?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Yes, sionics, my personal fav because both my sionics with thier lw profile barrel shoot better than any other ar i own including my dd which i personally feel is overgassed. But before i knew about sionics i have already bought a couple spikes. Sionics used to be just a regular local gun shop called the armory on pima and sold all brands of ar’s and pistols, few years later they closed it down, nobody knew what they were up to and bam, all of a sudden they are manufacturing rifles, and dam good ones at that, ones i would take over any others in a real bad situation. But, since i have already owned and used my spikes, they didnt become junk just because i roll with sionics now, i really did enjoy the spikes with great success in matches for a long time. The use has already been put to experienced runnings
    Last edited by bobbytucson; 08-12-18 at 02:20.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Just making sure.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Ofcourse. Id put sionics up against any other brand in any scenario. They just build them right, down to every pin, stake, and torquing. Sionics is the shit

Feedback Score
    Some of Spike's products are a little too "cutting edge" for me, but I'm sure that some folks will buy them:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ew-spartan-ar/

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast