Thread: Placement of offset red dot

Feedback Score

Placement of offset red dot

So I finally got around to getting a ADM offset mount for one of my rmr’s that I picked up when cabelas had that big sale. It’s the 3.25 adjustable rmr, I think rm06. Any ways I decided to play around with it on my rifle with a VCOG. I currently have it set it front of my VCOG out on the rail but i’m Thinking of moving it far back because if I want to change the battery on my VCOG I need to remove the rmr. For those of you who run an offset rmr where do you run your rmr or whatever red dot? My concern about having it far back os the latch interfering with my charging handle.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’ve been following this topic with some interest (I think you’ve got another thread on the topic IIRC). Everything I’ve seen is the offset RDS mounted forward. I think your VCOG is the kicker here. Not many optics front load a battery.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand