Thread: m-lok issue

Feedback Score

m-lok issue

I have a firearm with a rail and the mlok part of the rail is really thick. I have to back the screw almost all the way out and then it barely goes one spin before locking. Will this cause an issue? Is there a way to get longer m lok screws?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, there are longer screws available. Magpul sells a replacement pack with two different length screws, so they are out there. There is nothing stopping you from obtaining your own button cap screws in the right length either. https://www.mcmaster.com/#button-hea...crews/=1dzw67l

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    I have a firearm with a rail and the mlok part of the rail is really thick. I have to back the screw almost all the way out and then it barely goes one spin before locking. Will this cause an issue? Is there a way to get longer m lok screws?

What rail and accessory combo are you using? It totally makes sense that this will come up from time to time, I'm just curious, and don't look at this as an issue.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Its a krebs custom m lok rail. Its just really thick with the magpul mlok grip. Marc Krebs called me today and said something about it being a little thick but they are gonna send me longer screws for it which is awesome of them. He's a good guy. I had another question about m lok. On my bcm m lok rail there is a slight cut out on the m lok slots to make it less material where the m lok goes but on my geissele rail there is no cut out just the flat m lok rail section. Does bcm do that to save weight or is it done that way from the tdp for m lok?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    Its a krebs custom m lok rail. Its just really thick with the magpul mlok grip. Marc Krebs called me today and said something about it being a little thick but they are gonna send me longer screws for it which is awesome of them. He's a good guy. I had another question about m lok. On my bcm m lok rail there is a slight cut out on the m lok slots to make it less material where the m lok goes but on my geissele rail there is no cut out just the flat m lok rail section. Does bcm do that to save weight or is it done that way from the tdp for m lok?
    To be honest, I am not certain what Magpul specs out. I did not think it was mandated to have a relief on the backside, but I'm probably just not remembering. It has been awhile since I've read it.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB