Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3d Printer shenanigans

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

3d Printer shenanigans

No doubt everyone aware of this one. It's interesting to see just how far the media et al willing to go to make people think there's ARs and Glocks (vs sulky single shot junk people can do better in their machine shop at home...) being printed out as we speak. Look at the revolver supposedly found by TSA in this article. One look at that, and you know it does does not function. If it does, it will get one shot, and a high likelihood of a trip to the ER as it explodes in your hand. I suspect someone intentionally planted it for made for chits and giggles. Regardless, I have seen the comments on this "revolver" online as proof of evil 3d guns, which also states:

"In August 2016, TSA officers found a "3D printed realistic replica revolver" and five rounds of .22-caliber ammunition in a carry-on bag at Nevada's Reno-Tahoe International Airport, according to a summary of each of the four incidents released by the agency. The traveler voluntarily abandoned the items."

Comment: looked like .22 Mag bullets to me.

And this gem:

"...3D-printed parts of so-called assault-style weapons known as 'lower receivers' were found in carry-on bags at Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport."

Cont:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/3d-prin...y-checkpoints/
    Last edited by WillBrink; 08-03-18 at 10:58.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Most infuriating part of my week has been the news talking about this issue.

I was waiting, at Midnight, for Def Distributed's pack, just to find out the judge in Washington blocked them.

So sick of the melarky that comes with it.

The technology has been around for YEARS. People have been doing this for years. Someday, sooner than anyone wants to admit, metal 3d printers will be fabricating a SHITE ton for us. Within another decade, I am betting.

I can't wait to see what happens. I almost, for giggles, went and made a pipe shotgun just to post it on facebook and call people out for being morons.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    Most infuriating part of my week has been the news talking about this issue.

I was waiting, at Midnight, for Def Distributed's pack, just to find out the judge in Washington blocked them.

So sick of the melarky that comes with it.

The technology has been around for YEARS. People have been doing this for years. Someday, sooner than anyone wants to admit, metal 3d printers will be fabricating a SHITE ton for us. Within another decade, I am betting.

I can't wait to see what happens. I almost, for giggles, went and made a pipe shotgun just to post it on facebook and call people out for being morons.
    Once 3d fabrications gets to the level of using materials much stronger than the plastics used now, perhaps some type of alloy specific to 3d printing, and it's game over. There's already Rd printers working with biologicals that can literally print an ear. Research continues to be able to print much more complex biological structures such as organs and such. The fact is, it will probably remain cheaper for people to simply make a firearm or other device in a machine shop than what can be produced in a 3d printer, at least for the foreseeable future is my guess. One can only hope bad guys switch to bulky single shot plastic 3d printed guns....
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Once 3d fabrications gets to the level of using materials much stronger than the plastics used now, perhaps some type of alloy specific to 3d printing, and it's game over. There's already Rd printers working with biologicals that can literally print an ear. Research continues to be able to print much more complex biological structures such as organs and such. The fact is, it will probably remain cheaper for people to simply make a firearm or other device in a machine shop than what can be produced in a 3d printer, at least for the foreseeable future is my guess. One can only hope bad guys switch to bulky single shot plastic 3d printed guns....
    In an awkward, uncomfortable way, it'd probably make things safer. I say that as much tongue in cheek as as I do being hypothetical.

Overall, the one thing that gets me the most, is the whole concept of "The Liberator". It is literally so lost on the same "Governments" (as in States and Politicians hopping on the wagon) that are trying to ban them.

It's truly irony at it's finest. When they put the whole single shot at the forefront of "ErMerGerd Ghorst Gurns"

I get it, people's eyes start to glaze over nowadays with the continued talk of something they lack a fundamental understanding of, but boy does it chafe me the wrong way with the idiocy within the statements of some of the people covering it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I did it, it worked !!!

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    No matter what the outcome is of this particular 3D printing incident, the genie is out of the bottle. Anybody with a love of firearms and access to high technology will now look into improving and creating their own designs. There's no way to stop this. The left will counter with ever more draconian legislative and legal proposals, but just like Prohibition didn't work in the 1920's, this will ultimately fail too.

Let freedom ring!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I did it, it worked !!!

Can you make me one in pink? That would be great.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    OMG...Mind BLOWN!

Imagine if some white hitler were to use the google to convert that 3D-Printing Vertical Grip to fully semi-automatic! It could fire 3d printed firearms, each firing while being fired!!!! If they also had a ghost 30 magazine clip and the entire universe might spontaneously implode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We must ban binary code now. For the children.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know you liked my meme on FB Will lol

Had to make this one too
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast